The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Nuevo 2014 Damaged Door Blind

3 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Nuevo 2014 Damaged Door Blind Empty Autosleeper Nuevo 2014 Damaged Door Blind

Post by Janner99 Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:47 pm

The door blind on the rear habitation door of my 2014 Nuevo is damaged - the top couple of folds have come out of the runner. Blind still works, but it looks unsightly and you see it every time you use the door. Marquis have quoted £250 to strip and repair. Anyone any idea if it can be done DIY. If so how. Thanks
Janner99
Janner99

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Nuevo 2014 Damaged Door Blind Empty Re: Autosleeper Nuevo 2014 Damaged Door Blind

Post by Paramedic Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:32 pm

We've had a couple of occasions when the runners have come away from their (fixed) positions that distorted several upper folds of the blind. Somewhat fiddly to take hold of the blind on each side to effectively 'pull out' the distortion to then pop the edges back into the runners. No lasting damage but hesitant to apply any form of adhesive that may make matters worse in the future. I think that by our runners being out of position, it is more easy to relocate the blind back into it's proper position, then more easily pop the runners back. Hope this makes sense.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Nuevo 2014 Damaged Door Blind Empty Re: Autosleeper Nuevo 2014 Damaged Door Blind

Post by Janner99 Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Thanks. I think I'm beyond gently pulling the folds out.. i need to disassemble the door to get at the blind and its casing.
Janner99
Janner99

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:58 pm

I had the whole lot come out of the runners but this was a sky light ... left the top open when left site !!! ... I managed to get them all back into position using plastic tweezers. I could see the runners though, not sure if you can on the had door ?
Suppersready
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down