The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peterborough show

+9
Campievanner
deckie
NickPaling
graham01
roli
vwt4
CC
Paulmold
murph
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Peterborough show - Page 2 Empty Re: Peterborough show

Post by Dago Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Just to help!
The Sun and part blue skies have just crossed the coastline here allthumbz Seem to be heading up Country, so you may yet get better weather, if not tonight hopefully in the morning.
It's still quite windy, so hopefully the clouds will get broken up sooner rather than later.

Anyone swimming in the Lake, Paul ? lol4

Super Donator & ASOF Supporter

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : 2007 Executive
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Well its actually stopped raining at the moment. Virtually all stalls have packed up many didnt even open today. Vans still being towed off and tractors start at 8am.
Just ducks on lake.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:12 pm

We are also leaving tomorrow and the sun came out enough to kick a bit of charge from the solar panel. This side of the showground (where you were Dago) has virtually been cleared by most traders who were shippping in drivers by the dozen this afternoon.
We figure we might get a decent seat at the show tonight as there cant be that many campers left ????
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:47 am

vwt4 wrote:first time at Peterborough I think I will stick to Lincoln and Malvern for future events

We have found the Newark show to be the best so far, Peterborough the worst.... no doubt with better weather it would have been better but we felt the show didn't flow right and wasn't really sure where we were going, the sheds were way too small and cramped making getting through the isles difficult if not impossible, missed most items as you couldn't see anything rolleyes Like you I thought the entrance was wasted by the mobile homes, why weren't these outside I wonder... area could have been put to better use.. biggest annoyance for me was some idiot wanting to know what energy supplier we use the moment I stepped through the main entrance Arrrggghhh is there no escaping these morons so angry

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:51 pm

cc
I had the misfortune to see that gent on the way round, who supplies your electric sir said he, solar panels said I don't think he knew what to say to that.
any show would not be brilliant under those weather conditions but as you say it did not seem to be well thought out, still trying figure out why there was very large Static homes at a motor home/caravan show we have been to the show Knutsford last year which was pretty good, but being a country and western fan Malvern has to be one of my favourites
vwt4
mike
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago Tue May 01, 2012 7:02 am

I replied to the electricity man that our supplier was the cheapest according to Switch and walked away before he could think of the next gambit, but of course what we all ought to have said was "whichever company supplies the campsite we are plugged into at the time" - he's at a motorhome show surely that would be the answer he should expect allthumbz hugegrins

Mrs D

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : 2007 Executive
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeB80 Tue May 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Ha I also encountered this man within a few seconds of entering the show too I thought at the time what a daft place to be touting for leccy customers confused3
MikeB80
MikeB80

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed May 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Dago wrote:what we all ought to have said was "whichever company supplies the campsite we are plugged into at the time" allthumbz hugegrins

Mrs D

Very Good MrsD hugegrins

Seems like he was a persistant devil... he wasn't very impressed with me, when I replied "Haven't a clue... I leave all that stuff to the missis" I got a filthy look Whistle1

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Peterborough show - Page 2 Empty Photos from Peterborough

Post by Paulmold Wed May 02, 2012 6:20 pm

To remind those who went or to show those that didn't just how bad it was, weatherwise.

Peterborough show - Page 2 2012-04-29145844

Peterborough show - Page 2 2012-04-29145801

Peterborough show - Page 2 2012-04-29110446

These were all taken on the C&CC area.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickPaling Thu May 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Well that was a wash out in so many ways. We attended on the Sunday as planned, but...

The one good thing about the day was they had stopped charging for admission. We were dreading the car park envisioning mud etc, but no the car park was beautiful tarmac and gravel no mud in sight.

On the show ground however there was lot and lots of water. Fullers seem to have had the worst of it. Their stand was ankle deep in water when we arrived, that could have been something to do with the tanker being used to pump out the water.

We did see 2 Cotswold's but we would have needed a canoe to get to them and so didn't get to see them. However we did get to know who had them so we've planned a bit of a tour this coming weekend to those dealerships.

The show, all in all, displayed the attributes of the three w's Cowd, wet, windy. (its a Derbyshire word for cold), "rate mis"

It was only when we got home we realised we been to two separate show the "The National Motorhome Show" and "The National Park & Holiday homes Show"

Auto-Sleeper : Orian Pavo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu May 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi there,

What a crying shame! "Memorable!" for all the wrong reasons by the look of things. tap_fingers

Anyone who attended has our sympathies. cold

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Peterborough show - Page 2 Empty PeterboroughShow

Post by murph Sat May 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi All,
We attended the Peterborough show as planned and parked in the general area, my one thought was how much did those tractor drivers make, with about 4000 vans most of which had to be towed out approx 3 minuites a time £5 charged 70 + per hour I suspect. and the main entertainment hall was so cold we decided to move on a day early ( Sunday) I wasnt going to freeze for another evening. However we did enjoy a long chat with Dutto and his good lady when we arrived in Skegness a week later. Thanks for your help in that matter Roli.

Brian

murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2