The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neuvo 2005 electrical control panel

+7
bikeralw
davemarshall
frederic
rose49f
Paulmold
burlingtonboaby
terry678
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Neuvo 2005 electrical control panel Empty Neuvo 2005 electrical control panel

Post by terry678 Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm

I am having problems charging the leisure battery. The control panel I have is  the black one with battery selector switch, master switch, pump and light switch with the normal voltmeter/water indicator.

When I try to charge by plugging into mains supply am I right that the master switch should be in the ON position with the leisure battery switch selected. The master switch will jump out.

If I disconnect the mains supply and start the vehicle the master switch will stay on.
Is the problem that the leisure battery is so flat there is not enough voltage to hold the master switch contactor(?) inside the control panel in when trying to charge.

I have no manual for the control panel so could anyone enlighten me as to the manufacturer of the control panel.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
terry678
terry678

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Neuvo 2005 electrical control panel Empty Re: Neuvo 2005 electrical control panel

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi Terry
Welcome to the forum from chilly Bridlington,plenty of Nuevo owners here,so you shouldn't have to wait to long for an answer.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Neuvo 2005 electrical control panel Empty Re: Neuvo 2005 electrical control panel

Post by Paulmold Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:06 pm

The manufacturer of that panel is MES. The master switch should indeed stay on with the selector switched to whichever battery you wish to charge. If you start engine and then switch master switch on, the master will stay on because 12v power is disconnected when engine running (except for fridge). Beyond that I'm not able to help as to why the master jumps out. Have you a separate battery charger that you can use direct to the battery, that would eliminate your theory of the battery being too flat.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:28 pm

Have you tried the switch without trying to charge the battery. If it still does it you have a problem with the panel. If not go for a drive which shouldl put some power in your battery.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:42 pm

MES....

Motorcycle Electrical Services Ltd

Unit A2/Harris Rd/Wedgnock Ind Est, Warwick CV34 5JU
01926 499756

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At first glance you won't think it's the right company but check review off the Google entry link above.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by terry678 Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Thanks Paul. That looks really useful. Will give them a call on Monday
terry678
terry678

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:13 pm

On our panel the 12v Master Switch connects the leisure battery to the Habitation 12v
 It is only an on /off switch.  Is yours a mini c/b as well?
The battery selection switch is :-Center, off. Up, hab. battery, Down, vehicle battery, connected. and charges the selected battery regardless of the position of the master switch.
The battery /water level gauge only reads the leisure battery voltage in our Duetto, and does, with 12v Master switch on, show an increase in voltage when the leisure battery is connected to the charger. It does not read the vehicle battery voltage with or without the charger connected.
 A search for 12v panel may bring some info. Is it like the one below
frederic

Ps does anyone know what AS called these switched panels?
It has been discussed before but I don't seem to be able to find it  scratch head confused3
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by davemarshall Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:26 pm

Autosleepers call this the 12volt control panel, the switches are MCBs (miniature circuit breakers) and operate if there is a fault or an overload in the apprpriate circuit, but can be used as an on/off switch. If the battery is flat then this could trip the master MCB when charging. The battery and fuses are fitted under the driver's seat. The habitation battery on ours was very low recently but charged with no problem when the mains was connected. It does sound like a very flat battery. As Paulmold says, try charging from a seperate charger. Hope this helps
David
davemarshall
davemarshall

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Are you positive on the MCB switches? 12v circuit breaker is on the mains assembly under the cooker.
Not had it apart as yet but I thought that they were straight on/of or on/off/on ones.
All our Duetto's and the T5 Topaz were of this style, no experience with Pug panels.
This has been discussed before with pics
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by davemarshall Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:06 pm

frederic wrote:Are you positive on the MCB switches? 12v circuit breaker is on the mains assembly under the cooker.
Not had it apart as yet but I thought that they were straight on/of or on/off/on ones.
All our Duetto's and the T5 Topaz were of this style, no experience with Pug panels.
This has been discussed before with pics
frederic
On the 06 Nuevo the mains consumer unit is inside the wardrobe, one of the MCBs on it controls the 12v charger (240ac to 12v dc). There is no 12v on the mains unit. In the manual it states that the 12v MCBs can be used as switches for the appropriate circuits i.e. to switch the lights on and off but their main function is as a circuit breaker. 
David
davemarshall
davemarshall

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:50 pm

I had a 2006 Nuevo until just over a year ago. I had this photo for s different thread. I can't remember what circuits the MCB's covered. Perhaps you could identify them....

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:04 pm

David is correct. The switches on the MES 12volt control panel are actually MCB's. The MCB's on the consumer unit in the wardrobe just control the 240v side of things. I'm not at home at the moment so can't remember which one controls the charger.
 Might be a good idea to start with them all in the off position.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by davemarshall Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:50 pm

On the mains consumer unit from left to right: 1st is the main on/off with RCD, 2nd is MCB1-10amps-230volt sockets, 3rd is MCB2-10 amps - ultraheat, 4th is MCB3-6 amps-fridge, battery charger, ultrastore. This info is from the manual that came with our Nuevo.
David
davemarshall
davemarshall

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Thanks , that's useful for those with that set-up.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:45 am

These are the components of the MES electrical system that I am familiar with and that are included in the MES produced documentation.

AC switch panel, including toggle switches for heating and water heating units - the photo posted by Paul is an earlier version with external switches

DC distribution panel including 12v fuses, split charging, fridge and step controls - there is a separate charger - usually located under one of the cab seats.

Touch screen control panel

Some variants of Zig control panels contained MCB's that were also used as function switches, but the one shown in the photo posted by Frederic is not one of those and I think the functionality is as Frederic describes in a later post.

I have failed in my attempts to find the manufacturer of the unit whose photo was posted by Frederic and it only seems to have been installed by AS and only in a very few vans.  I wonder if it was an initial version of the MES system before they replaced it with the touch screen panel?  Does anyone have any other thoughts?
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:15 am

The photo Frederic posted is the same panel I had in my 2006 Nuevo and I was alway lead to believe it was by MES. Obviously things would have changed after 2007 when the Nuevo changed to MK2 on X250 base.
The charger was under wardrobe floor with the water heater.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Beetee Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:48 am

Paulmold wrote:The photo Frederic posted is the same panel I had in my 2006 Nuevo and I was alway lead to believe it was by MES. Obviously things would have changed after 2007 when the Nuevo changed to MK2 on X250 base.
The charger was under wardrobe floor with the water heater.
Our 2006 Nuevo also has this control panel with charger under the wardrobe floor.
Beetee
Beetee

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo (Lancashire)

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:25 pm

I think in most cases AS  sited these things according to the mood of the electrician of the day and used what ever components were going cheap at the time!

My fuses etc are not where the hand book says they are  - and I doubt that any one has moved them
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:48 pm

The picture of the control panel Fredric posted is the same as mine, as is the consumer unit pic posted by Paul.
I imagine the set up is the same on all Nuevos of the period up until 2007.
In my experience, it's a simple fool-proof system, and has never given any problems whatsoever during the nine years of my ownership.

Reading the complications, constant resetting and faults of later, more sophisticated systems, I'm glad I have what I have.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:53 pm

My !2v panel does not have any reset bars above any of the on/off switches so imho they are not MCB's
Though the A/S  conversion handbook dated 2004/5 ( in a 2009Van!) does state that the control panel fitted then did have 12v MCB's but as has been said before salt is needed with these manuals. None of our Duetto's 2000, 2006 & 2009 had MCB's on the 12v panel nor the 2009 Topaz.
frederic ( small f  smile!)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Switches top left & bottom right are reset-able, Note the reset bar!  Others like in my panel post, are not.

In my 2nd post the line       12v circuit breaker is on the mains assembly under the cooker.   is erroneous  so_sad

Last edited by frederic on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Just for comparison here's the panel I had in my Nuevo, showing the word 'reset' at top of each rocker switch..

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:11 pm

So do mine but how does it reset??
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Never noticed the reset Paul. Must look.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:22 pm

You are right Paul - see link above.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:23 pm

frederic wrote:So do mine but how does it reset??
frederic

Switch to reset = switch on
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next