Executive 2005 2.8 TDI For sale

Go down

Executive 2005 2.8 TDI For sale Empty Executive 2005 2.8 TDI For sale

Post by andydiamond on Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Sadly, I am selling our 2005 Executive due to a damaged left knee. We are the second owners, bought it eight years ago with 10K miles and F.S.H.

The van is a four berth, although we have always used the overcab area for storage, it gives us a huge storage space for all the chairs, tables and extra items we seem to carry, including musical instruments.

Late last year we put on four new tyres, new vehicle battery and a new cam belt, (These items were not worn out, but replaced as a precaution due to the age of the vehicle), and the van has had a major service every year despite the low mileage since the previous service.

All manuals, full documented service history, and we get around 32-35 m.p.g due to steady driving.

This van is the late model, with central locking, modern windows, radio/C.D player, modern inside pull-down blinds including the windscreen, Truma gas/electric fire, overhead extractor fan/ventilation unit, three way fridge, gas or electric water heating, etc.

Fitted with a roof mounted solar panel from new, a two bike rack (never used) also an awning and rear steadies, this van has never let us down and now is ready for another ten years of travels.

Non-smokers, no pets, the van is like new inside, and clean and shiny outside - - - if you are looking for a near enough mint Executive here it is.

Gas bottles, silverscreens for cab, levelling ramps, cables etc all included.

Price negotiable around the £25,000 valuation, pictures available by email, clayton139@btinternet.com or phone 01282 615572 for more details. We are located near Burnley, Lancs.
andydiamond
andydiamond
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile http://www.clockmakersandrepairs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Executive 2005 2.8 TDI For sale Empty Re: Executive 2005 2.8 TDI For sale

Post by samleeds on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:12 pm

I put my 2003/4 up for 20k and nothing. seems like everyone wants bargains these days as there are so many on the market. Wait till March april time.

Male

Member Age : 66
Vehicle Year : 2003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by andydiamond on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi Sam, If the van doesn't sell soon I will pull it off sale, as it is far and away the best van we have ever had, and my damaged knee is slowly improving, so we may be able to carry on using it by March - - -

I know what you mean about the sale process though, I read all the posts about your van at the time, and am still surprised no-one bought it - - - these iconic vans are getting scarce now in really good condition, most owners know how good they are compared to most of the newer ones, and are keeping them - - -

Regards,
Andrew.
andydiamond
andydiamond
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile http://www.clockmakersandrepairs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:30 am

Good luck with the sale...or knee (!!) Andrew. I'm looking at changing mine soon as i've tired of constantly making up a bed each day so will go for a fixed bed but surprisingly there aren't that many around within my budget. To me it's also a real plus point finding one being sold by the actual owner rather than a dealer which the vast majority are now sold through.

I'm surprised (though pleased!) to find my model A/S has held it's value very well though when i bought it, it came with nothing so i've spent quite a lot of money fitting accessories.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto LE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:11 am

andydiamond wrote:Hi Sam, If the van doesn't sell soon I will pull it off sale, as it is far and away the best van we have ever had, and my damaged knee is slowly improving, so we may be able to carry on using it by March - - -

I know what you mean about the sale process though, I read all the posts about your van at the time, and am still surprised no-one bought it - - - these iconic vans are getting scarce now in really good condition, most owners know how good they are compared to most of the newer ones, and are keeping them - - -

Regards,
Andrew.
Andrew, if i wasnt ill with a brain tumour, I wouldnt sell it, trust me ive had 3 autosleepers of which the last was a belting vw clubman that was well looked after, and even that one wasnt a touch on this one. The engine makes it so easy to drive, the hills are no probs and everything inside is just in the right place. Its like a Tardis.

In feb, a brain surgeon want to do some radical new laser beam surgery where they bore into the head and burn out the tumour as opposed to cutting it. Ive said yes as ill be dead soon anyway and this at least gives me a fighting chance. If I win, Ill drive it till the day I die. There isnt another van out there to compete with it. The lure of the fixed bed is great till your the owner of one and realise all the wasted space, the nights you cant stick it in a normal car park, the dangerous overhangs which i had no end of issues with and finally these damp proof monocoque shells are brill. What more does any man need.

Ive got one rather nice and honest x army officer interested as and when his drive is done and he has been promised the van if he wants it. After that, it can come off here as he is the only honest person showing interest and the only one ill sell it to untill my surgery is over.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:06 pm

Best of luck with the new treatment Sam.
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:38 am

samleeds wrote:
andydiamond wrote:Hi Sam, If the van doesn't sell soon I will pull it off sale, as it is far and away the best van we have ever had, and my damaged knee is slowly improving, so we may be able to carry on using it by March - - -

Regards,
Andrew.

In feb, a brain surgeon want to do some radical new laser beam surgery where they bore into the head and burn out the tumour as opposed to cutting it. Ive said yes as ill be dead soon anyway and this at least gives me a fighting chance. If I win, Ill drive it till the day I die. There isnt another van out there to compete with it. 
Blimey....sorry to read that Sam but admire your outlook. Sadly a cousins daughter is currently dealing with the same but in her case it's terminal and was given the option in September of 3 months without chemo or 12 months max with. She took the 12 month choice to be able to spend her last Christmas with her dad, brothers and sisters. She's only 50.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto LE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:49 am

Bulletguy wrote:
samleeds wrote:

Regards,
Andrew.

In feb, a brain surgeon want to do some radical new laser beam surgery where they bore into the head and burn out the tumour as opposed to cutting it. Ive said yes as ill be dead soon anyway and this at least gives me a fighting chance. If I win, Ill drive it till the day I die. There isnt another van out there to compete with it. 
Blimey....sorry to read that Sam but admire your outlook. Sadly a cousins daughter is currently dealing with the same but in her case it's terminal and was given the option in September of 3 months without chemo or 12 months max with. She took the 12 month choice to be able to spend her last Christmas with her dad, brothers and sisters. She's only 50.
Mine is terminal, but I am guessing terminal has different meanings as they are willing to try on mine. I only agreed as Ive had a good life and if the proceedure they are doing on me is only 1% sucessfull and a leap of faith, at least there is some hope and at the end of the day, they allways learn from these things and im starting cbd oil this week so ive got god, the surgeon and wacky baccy oil all attacking it. I never say never, lol.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorfal on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:07 am

Wishing you well Sam , really hope the surgery gives you a good outcome.
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 pm

Sam - is this the proton beam therapy featured on the news today?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:22 am

Paulmold wrote:Sam - is this the proton beam therapy featured on the news today?
I wish, lol. No its Gamma Knife surgery on the infected area. Simple and quick but sadly fraught with danger. It either works or doesent. If I am here next week and can see to type, im going to be ok. If Im not, then all I can say is ive done more than 10 men in my life and its been a hell of a ride.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:28 pm

Well all the best Sam.

Donator
Donator

Male