Leaving The forum

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Leaving The forum

Post by kaspian on Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:54 pm

I would very much like to thank members for kind words of support. I have only ever tried to be a voice of reason.   I have now been reinstated by Admin who has kindly agreed to investigate the matter further. A great thanks to him and all who supported me.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StewPotch on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Didn’t realise you’d been away Kasp hugegrinswave

goodnews
StewPotch
StewPotch
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorfal on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:01 pm

Now do hugegrins we get the gin? 

Seems I’ve had one too many already......
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AllaFEvans on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:25 pm

kaspian wrote:I would very much like to thank members for kind words of support. I have only ever tried to be a voice of reason.   I have now been reinstated by Admin who has kindly agreed to investigate the matter further. A great thanks to him and all who supported me.
Welcome back.

Thank you Admin.
AllaFEvans
AllaFEvans

Male

Auto-Sleeper : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:11 am

Welcome back from me too, one of the best,

Thanks admin, great to see someone has common sense and fairness.

Saying that I am standing back,  have been for a few weeks now.
Best wishes,
M

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst and Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003.98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:22 am

I've followed this thread with interest and was appalled when Kasp and his sensible comments disappeared.
Cheers admin.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:24 am

I would like to echo what Admin has said. Let's pretend this never happened and remember that everybody is entitled to their opinion but should please think before expressing it.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:49 am

Now that this unhappy episode is resolved .can we close this thread?

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AllaFEvans on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:57 am

mikethebike wrote:Now that this unhappy episode is resolved .can we close this thread?

Micky
Micky, while I have had an apology direct from Admin there has been nothing from those who were not nice to me, which is a shame.
While Kaspian spoke out for me and got punished for it, just reinstating Kaspian doesn't really resolve the base issues as far as I can see.

However, I can see that it has got as far as it will go, so I don't know about anyone else, but I am happy for it to be closed.

Hopefully now that Admin have stepped in, Biffo will also reconsider his protest of leaving because of my treatment, and also return to the fold?
AllaFEvans
AllaFEvans

Male

Auto-Sleeper : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindhyg on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Thank you admin I suspect you are genuinely very unhappy with certain staff, and a runaway train will always pick up speed when going downhill until it crashes or the brakes are applied.

Thanks to Biffo for for starting the thread. Nice to see you back Kas, democracy done. And also nice to see Allan treated with some respect at last. An apology would not be out of the question in this case. Allan I have the utmost respect for you and all your great advice, also your website is superb. Having read all the posts I did not comment on this one about  'leaving the forum' for fear that I may have been banned myself. I had already made my views public through comment on your original post where attempts were made to undermine you. In the past  I have also been critical and outspoken of the treatment that honest individuals have suffered at the hands of this forum for no good reason  - myself included even when I first joined. But even within this thread I have seen one remark from a ' staff member ' stating he had been away, and that when he returned, he had, had a good laugh - wow, respect man, respect, please. A member had been banned for making a complaint and you were involved! In this case ' he who laughed last, laughed longest '

I am a forum supporter and I will continue to read the forums and support any member who is not being treated with respect by staff or by any other member of the forum.
Mindhyg
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyRoyd on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Mindhyg wrote:Thank you admin I suspect you are genuinely very unhappy with certain staff, and a runaway train will always pick up speed when going downhill until it crashes or the brakes are applied.

Thanks to Biffo for for starting the thread. Nice to see you back Kas, democracy done. And also nice to see Allan treated with some respect at last. An apology would not be out of the question in this case. Allan I have the utmost respect for you and all your great advice, also your website is superb. Having read all the posts I did not comment on this one about  'leaving the forum' for fear that I may have been banned myself. I had already made my views public through comment on your original post where attempts were made to undermine you. In the past  I have also been critical and outspoken of the treatment that honest individuals have suffered at the hands of this forum for no good reason  - myself included even when I first joined. But even within this thread I have seen one remark from a ' staff member ' stating he had been away, and that when he returned, he had, had a good laugh - wow, respect man, respect, please. A member had been banned for making a complaint and you were involved! In this case ' he who laughed last, laughed longest '

I am a forum supporter and I will continue to read the forums and support any member who is not being treated with respect by staff or by any other member of the forum.

I concur with Mindhyg's post, this has left a bad taste in my mouth, I am a forum supporter but still mulling over the future.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:18 pm

I would just like to update this thread with the following information...

Peter Brown, Paul Mold & Dave (Gromit) have resigned from their positions as Moderators. 

It goes without saying that I'm very disappointed with this action, but it was expected. 

Please can we respect their decisions and leave things to settle in their own way.
As I've said previously being involved in the running of a forum is a mostly very unrewarding and worthless task.

I would therefore like to take this opportunity to thank the Moderators involved, for their time, effort & support.

Regards

Ed (Admin).

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

View user profile http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyRoyd on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Admin wrote:I would just like to update this thread with the following information...

Peter Brown, Paul Mold & Dave (Gromit) have resigned from their positions as Moderators. 

It goes without saying that I'm very disappointed with this action, but it was expected. 

Please can we respect their decisions and leave things to settle in their own way.
As I've said previously being involved in the running of a forum is a mostly very unrewarding and worthless task.

I would therefore like to take this opportunity to thank the Moderators involved, for their time, effort & support.

Regards

Ed (Admin).
I am surprised at Paul Mold, he seemed to be the most balanced amongst  all of them and the newest, although the other two I reserve judgment upon, up to recently they have done a good job and I respect them, for that.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willy eckerslike on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:36 am

Admin wrote:I would just like to update this thread with the following information...

Regards. 
Ed (Admin).

A stunning victory for a kangaroo court and a lynch mob.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:41 am

willy eckerslike wrote:

Regards. 
Ed (Admin).

+1

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jetty on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 am

Can I  thank the 3 moderators who have resigned for their work, over the short time that I have been a member ? I have learned a lot from all three and Dave was particularly helpful when I  first bought the Nuevo .I hope that they will continue to share their thoughts with us
jetty
jetty
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2018

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:01 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
willy eckerslike wrote:

Regards. 
Ed (Admin).

+1
+ 1 here too
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:26 pm

+1 again, I have had no involvement with this argument and little interaction with Paul or Peter but Dave, who I have communicated with in the past, would be a huge loss to this forum. Even if you are resigning as a moderator please don't leave the forum Dave, if you are, I question my own future here.

So who will be the moderators now?
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi , I am personally saddened that the  3 moderaters have seen it fit to leave ,over the 6 Yrs I have been on this forum they have all been of great help to me and will be a loss to the forum,please reconsider     Kind regards    Paul
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:52 pm

This is the first time I’ve contributed to this thread, or previous threads, relating to the dispute between some members on this forum. I believe the heated exchanges would have been snipped in the bud effectively and correctly, if Ed [Admin] had been able and in a position to monitor and immediately react to the exchanges that had earlier taken place. Nevertheless, I am now hoping for the sake of the credibility of this forum, which I feel passionate about, that we can now at last lay the conflict and controversy finally to bed. Personally I am pleased with the decision made by Ed to reinstate Kasp to the forum, his contributions have been invaluable to me and likely to many other members on this forum. Equally I will continue to have the highest of respect for Peter, Paul and Dave for their consistent and helpful contributions they present on this forum, but who thought it necessary collectively, to resign as forum moderators. Peace Please.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : KEMERTON
Vehicle Year : 2014

View user profile http://melbattersby@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi Willy

Not quite sure what you mean? There was no Kangaroo Court as you suggest. 

Moderators were clearly "Abusing their powers" and when confronted took offence and abruptly resigned, their choice.

Regards

Ed

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Admin wrote:

Moderators were clearly "Abusing their powers" and when confronted took offence and abruptly resigned, their choice.
Not the way I read it.
Time to go I think
Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Your choice Frank, but I agree with admin. They were out of order.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst and Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003.98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:18 pm

boxerman wrote:
Admin wrote:

Not the way I read it.
Time to go I think
Frank

Frank with respect you are not privilege to the goings on behind the scenes, (only a biased account of events) 
We have a staff forum where there is a trail of evidence to support what I've said. 

If you want to pay homage to those who've resigned by leaving, then that's your choice.

To be honest I'm seriously considering calling it a day and taking the site down, my daily pressure of availability of time doesn't allow for this nonsense. 

Regards

Ed

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by StewPotch on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Bye Frank wave
StewPotch
StewPotch