Trafic T1000 RCX Bed configuration??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trafic T1000 RCX Bed configuration??

Post by Motherhen on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Trafic T1000 RCX 1985

Finally got it today and it was the scariest thing I have ever driven! Slow to pull out, steering like an old tractor (yes I have driven one), indicators don't self cancel. I was shaking by the time I got home!

Now I am trying to work out how everything fits together

Table fits in middle of dinette to be base of bed.
I have a strange piece of hinged wood with a cut out, which I assume is for the handbrake/gear shift, it looks like a plank with a hinged 'leg' either end.

Trouble is it doesn't fit in between the seats; unless I am doing in wrong. Also, how does it stay up? It's just a flappy piece of hinged wood that folds at the first available opportunity.

Can't seen to get the cushions to fit either. Too big one way, too small another.

Despite the picture in the brochure showing full length beds, mine are barely 5' long and certainly don't fit an adult. The front seats wont go further forward on they come off the rails. I currently have them on the last 'notch'.

Also I am missing my 'liitle' table top, is that used as a bedbase?

What am I doing wrong?

Help

Motherhen

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Renault RCX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trafic T1000 RCX Bed configuration??

Post by eggnog on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Motherhen

Sorry, I missed this one until just now. Yonks ago I had a Trafic AS elevating roof model on a 'B' plate which must have been the same sort of era. Can you post a couple of piccies of the 'van in 'normal' daytime mode so as we can get a feel for what your talking about?

As I recall the two fore and aft single beds were made up using the cab seats pushed right forward and then reclined to horizontal. The lucky devil on the offside spent his/her (her in this context'hugegrins') night with their feet tangled up in the steering wheel. Shouldn't have been so tall then, should she?

There was some sort of provision for a double bed but it was a disaster zone/waste of time. Not a patch on the double bed in my old T2 VW 'bus.'Whistle1'

PS I don't recall it being that rubbish to drive. Admittedly the performance, or lack of, meant that yer average rice pudding skin was fairly safe from being pulled off but I do have a photo somewhere of Mrs eggnog conducting the device down the Le Mans Mulsanne Straight at OVER 100 KPH. A velocity which required that her baseball cap be turned back to front in the interests of H&S.
eggnog

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Luckily we are short!

Post by Motherhen on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:27 am

Hello Eggnog,

Luckily we are vertically challenged. I am only 5'1" and hubby 5'4". So plenty of length in the beds now I have sussed them out.

I have made the double bed up now. How strange yours was uncomfortable and your van an easy drive.

Mine is the exact opposite. Van drives like a Fordson Major tractor and the bed is super comfy.

I guess I am not used to lack of power steering or the fact you have to think about braking 1/2 mile before a junction due to the sheer weight of the vehicle.

I was speaking to our old postman and he said he had one of the Trafic delivery vans years ago. 'You couldn't turn it in a street- had to drive round the block!' he laughed.

Not just me then, I thought.

Mine has an Automatic gearbox too, I would imagine that sucks the power off the engine a bit. It is 'agricultural' all round. hugegrins
Motherhen

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Renault RCX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum