The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo purchase

+2
Paulmold
Tigerbadge
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nuevo purchase Empty Nuevo purchase

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:05 am

We have decided to change the duetto & get a 2007 Nuevo 2.2 120bhp, picking it up on the 2nd Jan.
A nice layout in the van & sleeping should be easier for me at 6”2.
My choice a:
autotrail tracker ek which was advertised with a 2.3 130bhp but when I did a vehicle check it came up with a 2.2 100bhp
I road tested yesterday & was very disappointed in the performance so the wife got her choice a Nuevo:allthumbz: the dealer reduced the price so happy days.

Last edited by Tigerbadge on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : post missed bits out)
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Nuevo purchase Empty Re: Nuevo purchase

Post by Paulmold Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:29 am

My Nuevo had the 2.2 100bhp 5speed and my Sussex has the 2.2 120bhp 6speed and difference is amazing. You'll love it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Picked up the van today, very pleased with it.
As always while going through the van’ features with the salesman a few things he has forgotten to explain to me.
1: As you walk in the van on the sink side there is a black 2” switch screwed just under the worktop, on the top there seems to be 3 positions.
2: Being 6’2” tall the drivers seat doesn’t seem to recline back very far, leaves me sat very upright.
3: With the tv are you fixing a wall mount or using the shelf?. & I’m thinking of buying a new tv what size is not hinder that area.
Thanks
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtNuevo Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:43 pm

We have a 2008 Nuevo and think its a great van. 
1 Not sure what the switch is. We do not have one. The switch for step is on the fridge cabinet on the left. The heater switch is above the drainer at the top near the control panel. Does it look original fitment or an addition. A photo may help others identify.
2 Not had a similar problem with the drivers seat, however we store our outside chairs behind the driver and passenger seat. 
3 I have mounted the tv in the roller cupboard above the fridge on a swing out bracket. It can then be viewed from anywhere and then tucked away out of site during transit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ArtNuevo
ArtNuevo

Male

Member Age : 58
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:50 pm

Switches just inside the door usually relate to the step , or lighting (either interior or awning). To check interior light, you may need to switch the first ceiling light on and then check the switch in question.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:25 am

Tigerbadge wrote:Hi

1: As you walk in the van on the sink side there is a black 2” switch screwed just under the worktop, on the top there seems to be 3 positions.
My guess is it was fitted by the previous owner. Can only suggest you switch it and see what happens?

2: Being 6’2” tall the drivers seat doesn’t seem to recline back very far, leaves me sat very upright.
I'm taller than you and I have no trouble. The large reclining knob on the right side of the seat back is sometimes very stiff. Give it some welly while leaning back on the seat.

3: With the tv are you fixing a wall mount or using the shelf?. & I’m thinking of buying a new tv what size is not hinder that area.
Can't help much here, but don't go to extremes with the TV size. Too small and you'll need binoculars - too big and it will be a pain to store.

Hope this helps
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 pm

This is the switch in question it has off-lo-hi setting on the top & there is wires in the back of it.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" /as for the tv I don’t have any aerial sockets above the fridge so it will have to go here.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:24 pm

I
Gromit wrote:
Tigerbadge wrote:Hi

My guess is it was fitted by the previous owner. Can only suggest you switch it and see what happens?

I'm taller than you and I have no trouble. The large reclining knob on the right side of the seat back is sometimes very stiff. Give it some welly while leaning back on the seat.

Can't help much here, but don't go to extremes with the TV size. Too small and you'll need binoculars - too big and it will be a pain to store.

Hope this helps
 Tried forcing that seat but it’s staying upright also passenger seat is the same.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Which model Nuevo is it?

Also what make of seat, if you can find a label? It might be an ISRI - I can't remember when A/S fitted those.

(ISRI as in Isringhausen)
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:54 pm

Sounder for parking sensors

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Well, I would never have thought of that!!  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Peter Brown wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sounder for parking sensors
Thanks Peter,
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo purchase Empty seat

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 am

Gromit wrote:Which model Nuevo is it?

Also what make of seat, if you can find a label? It might be an ISRI - I can't remember when A/S fitted those.

(ISRI as in Isringhausen)
It is the ISRI seat fitted.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:45 am

Does the ISRI seat back adjust with a hand wheel, or does it use lever type catches under the seat that you have to pull up while leaning on the seat back?

I can't remember, but someone will be able to help, now we know which seats you have. I do remember it can catch you by surprise, and launch you toward the windscreen when the catch releases. (I exaggerate slightly of course!  Whistle1)
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:26 pm

Gromit wrote:Does the ISRI seat back adjust with a hand wheel, or does it use lever type catches under the seat that you have to pull up while leaning on the seat back?

I can't remember, but someone will be able to help, now we know which seats you have. I do remember it can catch you by surprise, and launch you toward the windscreen when the catch releases. (I exaggerate slightly of course!  Whistle1)
Hi Gromit, the seat has a hand wheel, & my van is i presume is just a Nuevo & not a ek or Es?
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Have a look at the layout on the A/S website. That will tell you which model your van is.

It can make quite a difference to the responses when asking certain questions, so it's useful to show the model in your avatar details.

I can't remember having a problem with the ISRI seats, so maybe yours has seized up a bit from lack of use??
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Gromit wrote:Have a look at the layout on the A/S website. That will tell you which model your van is.

It can make quite a difference to the responses when asking certain questions, so it's useful to show the model in your avatar details.

I can't remember having a problem with the ISRI seats, so maybe yours has seized up a bit from lack of use??
Well my manual doesn’t say but I found on youtube mine is a ek (end kitchen) & facing bench seats.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:19 pm

If you have the original paperwork it should show when the vehicle was converted. 

Other members know more about this than me but this was a time of transition for the A/S and the Nuevo and if it is like mine (converted in 2007 registered 2009 but an AS not an EK) some things might be found on just a few vehicles. When I bought mine the dealer (Marquis who should know better) described as a 'classic', which I believe  were Mark I bodies on the newer 2.2 Peugeots. A/S later started to put Nuevo II decals on the side as a way to distinguish the newer wider bodies.

It may be hard at first to find out exactly what you have but like me you can take comfort in knowing you probably have a unique motorhome.  smile!
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Well your right there Fred, lots of different Ek’s & Es layouts.
There is an 08 classic which has a different rear body panel & old style  control unit & cooker.
Think mine must be a EK
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img] [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Definitely an EK. This is a Classic, you'll notice the narrower body by the lack of flair out behind the cab doors.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks for all your help while getting to know my van, the dealer has ordered a new spare wheel carrier which should be due in next week.
The remote for the above cabin /awning light seems to only work after around 10 attempts so maybe battery or remote.
A bit of water in the outside lower locker so hopefully they will sort this at the same time
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Sorry to disagree but it doesn't look the same as the one on the link. The door is Nuevo II style and there does seem to be a flair. If it's got 'a swing sink wall' and no bathroom window I would think it's an early II EK. Still I don't know how much mixing went on ( was it before or after the A/S fire?).

The pics certainly show a lovely van, mine is beginning to look tatty due to heavy use but at least it has the dark brown upholstery which hides all the tea I've spilled on it smile!
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:10 pm

oldfred wrote: ( was it before or after the A/S fire?).

:

The fire was October 1992

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:21 pm

oldfred wrote:Sorry to disagree but it doesn't look the same as the one on the link. The door is Nuevo II style and there does seem to be a flair. If it's got 'a swing sink wall' and no bathroom window I would think it's an early II EK. Still I don't know how much mixing went on ( was it before or after the A/S fire?).

The pics certainly show a lovely van, mine is beginning to look tatty due to heavy use but at least it has the dark brown upholstery which hides all the tea I've spilled on it smile!
I don’t have a bathroom window & the sink is on the swing wall
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:47 pm

Gosh - completely wrong about the fire - doesn't time fly, but I didn't think classics had a swing wall. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next