1992 Autosleeper Trooper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1992 Autosleeper Trooper

Post by Robbie on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Does anyone know how I could obtain the paint code for a 1992 Autosleeper trooper. I got asked a few days ago by some people who have one and the rust is showing through in a few places so they want to get the van touched up but dont know how to go about getting the colour code for the paint so the sprayer can order up the right colour.
Any help appreciated on this one smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

View user profile http://www.motorhomewild.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 1992 Autosleeper Trooper

Post by Paulmold on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Don't know if VW did this back in 1992 but they need to find a plate/sticker such as this..

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/paint-codes/volkswagen.htm

Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:56 pm

So do you think the colour will be VW rather than something done by Autosleeper. At least if thats the case it may narrow the search down

edit.............. tried the link there for vw transporter 1991 colours and there does not seem to be a cream/ white colour :(

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/choosecolor.aspx?year=1991&make=Volkswagen&model=Transporter

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:42 pm

I believe that all vans used for conversion are supplied in manufacturers colours, mine is a Peugeot Boxer and in the AS handbook it gives the Peugeot colour code. My response was only to point out the plate/sticker that might be on the van to indicate the colour code, the website link is to a USA paint supplier and may not be the colour supplied in the UK. Any good paint supplier should have charts that will be able to short-list the code by vehicle model and year, and then pin-point it by the code. According to this website below (US again) there should only be 3 whites for 1992, Grey White 91129, Alpine white 3023, (both look grey to me) and Diamond White 90717 so see if any of these codes match the plate if it can be found or see if a paint supplier has a swatch to match.

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/default.aspx
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:59 am

Robbie I can confirm the correct colour code for our previous 2001 Trident was as follows...

L 090 203
GRAUWEISS
GREY WHITE

Male

Member Age : 52
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:35 pm

thanks for that, I must get them to check and see if there is a code in the engine bay and if it seems to be the actual shade on the van as someone may have painted it over the years smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Richsvan on Fri May 18, 2012 9:07 pm

I have a 1992 Trooper, the colour for the van should be on a sticker. It's found by removing the fuse box cover, which is on the drivers side.

On mine the colour is listed as R902 Grauweiss or gray white.

This also ties up with the colour as stated in the Autosleepers hand book that came with the van.

Even though I know my paint code I'm having problems getting the paint.

There seems to be a lot of on line debate regarding the R902 colour, the following is my interpretation of all the reading I've done on the subject, please feel free to correct me if you know better.

It appears that VW changed the name of the paint in 1994 so R902 is gray white pre 94 and arctic white post 94. Whether the colour actually changed as well as the name I don't know.

People also speak of an L902 colour which seems to add to the confusion.

After great effort (it took them ages to find it) my local Halfords managed to mix me up an aerosol of R902 (for lots of money), but it's very wide of the mark, far too yellow, very obviously wrong.

More reading of the net suggests you might be better off getting the paint mixed up by a pro paint shop as apparently some shops have up to 3 different tints available to match the colour! I guess you take the van or the fuel flap with you. I've not got this far yet myself.

If anyones got some experience of this R902 colour I'd be interested in hearing more.

Rich
Richsvan

Auto-Sleeper : 1992 T4 Trooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1992 Autosleeper Trooper

Post by Ivory55 on Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 am

Hi Robbie

Our son's godfather used to own a bodyshop and said that often the colour codes are printed on the inside of the fuel filler cap flap on cars. Don't know if this will be the same for motorhomes but worth a look?

Colyn
Ivory55

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie on Sat May 19, 2012 10:24 am

Hi All,

Re :- VW/Audi Paint Code R902

I re-sprayed my Fuel Flap last year, with CarPlan Colour Match White 15 (I think ??) .... I also tried Multona 0085 and cant remember which one I used (old age hugegrins )

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum