The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TPMS for vehicles that don't have TPMS

3 posters

Go down

Tpms - TPMS for vehicles that don't have TPMS Empty TPMS for vehicles that don't have TPMS

Post by Paulmold Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Put a set of these on today...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202500455926

I've put them on the car first to see how they work and they are really good. Shows each tyre pressure and temperature and beeps alarm if goes outside set parameters which you can set yourself.
Loads on eBay at varying prices from £21 upwards. Mine were an unwanted present and I only paid £15. Some conflicting pressure limits, some stating up to 3.5 bar others stating up to 6.5 bar. They all look the same so can't see there being different sensors. Once you've read the Chinglish instructions, they are pretty easy to set. I'll get another set for the van.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Tpms - TPMS for vehicles that don't have TPMS Empty Re: TPMS for vehicles that don't have TPMS

Post by fenderbender Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Have been looking at these Paul, look good, any idea how long the batteries last in the sensors.?

Dave
fenderbender
fenderbender
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Transit
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Tpms - TPMS for vehicles that don't have TPMS Empty Re: TPMS for vehicles that don't have TPMS

Post by Paulmold Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:54 pm

fenderbender wrote:Have been looking at these Paul, look good, any idea how long the batteries last in the sensors.?

Dave
The spec claims 3 years.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyRoyd Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:51 pm

I bought one of those, tested and worked ok on my bicycles and car but will not work on the MH.
Investigating I found that my valve inserts have a very small diameter pin head activator which disappear into the cap hole rather than being depressed.
At some point I will buy and replace the inserts, bit of a pain as I will have to deflate all the tyres to do so.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down