Sadly selling my 2003 A/S executive 2.8 l HDI

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sadly selling my 2003 A/S executive 2.8 l HDI

Post by samleeds on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:35 am

For sale my beloved TYSON

£23,500 or £19,950
Its a ......Auto sleeper executive (only 3000 made), 2.8 liter turbo HDI diesel. 3.5 ton max laden weight and this one has a very high 700 kg payload which is unheard of in motorhomes. This means you can carry 700kg of pay. Its around 134 brake horse power, but probably more, as it belonged, from new, to a top class motor mechanic, who simply used it to travel from Hampshire to Cornwall every week, hence the high mileage of 104,000 but it was well looked after.
It spent its former life going up and down the motorway and when it can to me, it still had the original brake pads on it, lol. My MOT mechanic said the underside is like new and the engine is simply as strong as an ox and although its done 104k, it has had so much tlc and been well looked after, its simply in better nick than most vans with half its mileage. Im the first person to show it a roundabout or a mountain road, lol. The engine is so solid and strong it comes with a top speed well over 85mph and a consumption of around 32 mpg unladen.
Im selling it fully tricked out for the price advertised, but if anyone wants it basic, it can be stripped and let go for the lower price. Ive increased the price by 1/3rd of the extras cost so if you dont for example want the satellite dome, or indeed anything else, the price will be reduced by 1/3rd of the cost of the satellite, ergo £583
The extras are.....with their costs explained. Bear in mind most are new accessories as ive only had the van 1 yr.
150 watt solar panel....£400 installed
30 amp MTTP regulator £300
7000w inverter.....£400
4 x 110ah battery bank.....£660
24 inch flat screen tv....£250
installed 10 inch laptop....£200
twin air ride suspension....Installed professionally £950
top end sturdy custom made tow bar....£800
scooter rack....£500
scooter.....£1100
satellite dome....£1750
forward and rear reversing wired camera station....£600
new 75 liter fresh water tank....£600
new toilet cassette and upgrade to inner flush tank....£140
new tyres last year.....£600
13 kg LPG cylinder outside van side filler cap.....£650
3 x 500w inverters for phone charging and tv supply....£250
fiamma 3 meter wind out canopy stretcher poles.....£100
external breathable carpet....£70
chairs, table, step, lillypad wind screens....£560
loads of small bits and bats. ....£200
Total cost of all extras = £11,080
Pics show it with either a scooter bike rack on and off, but ive got a fiamma bike rack as well which i think is a double. I have quite a few more pics for those that are SERIOUSLY INTERESTED.

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadly selling my 2003 A/S executive 2.8 l HDI

Post by samleeds on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:37 am

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:38 am

I am rubbish at doing the picture thing so if you are interested send me an e mail by pm and ill send more and better pics

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fulhamsteve on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:56 pm

hi all
this message is in response to the sale of Sam Leeds executive. I hope  it helps any prospective buyer, it is written without the permission of Sam, so I hope that's ok.
to start I purchased my 2002 autosleeper executive in march this year and some of you will have seen I was asking for help with it as I purchased kind of blindly and didn't have a clue what I was doing or what works what ect.
Sam spent hours on my phone numerous times whilst on speaker mode, assisting in my education on all things regarding my recently named Mildred, (cheers mum!!!)
it was apparent from the start that Sam had a knowledge and passion for hes Tyson that bordered on unatural!! well lets just say enthusiasm!!
I had a weight problem, again documented on here, and decided to visit Sam with Mildred  to view her intimately (well she was being chaperoned) and I had the pleasure of meeting Tyson.
well my van is pretty decent but have to admit to a tinge of jealousy on inspection of Tyson, was immaculately turned out with solar, tv installed onto the overcab locker door, compressor to the airbags twin leisure batteries, inverter and other nice touches. Certainly gave me a few ideas!!
to sum up, the price of Tyson has nothing to do with me, but I can honestly state I would buy it in a heartbeat if I was looking, and want to assure any would be prospective buyers its well worth a visit to view and inspect. 
rest assured Sam is an honest man and there will be nothing hidden or devious in hes sale of Tyson, whom im happy to state didn't make any inappropriate advances on my Mildred!!
as ever, regards to all,
steve.
fulhamsteve

Male

Auto-Sleeper : executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile http://stephenmodlin@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:39 pm

Steve, that was a lovely thing to say. Im glad you got Mildred up and running the way you want it. These vans are ever so easy to get to terms with, you just need a little help and dont forget, we all started somewhere. 

since you've seen Tyson, ive had a new sat dome fitted, a new dvd tv, a new laptop, front curtains extended to stop draughts and electric levelling jacks fitted. Oh I forgot the wired front and rear cameras and the air suspension replaced and a new air pump fitted. This weeks job is a new sat nav that can be programmed for the van and next week the windows should be ready to replace.

I dont know what ill do when he goes, ill be bored skitless, lol.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fulhamsteve on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Sam
When Tysons gone and you get bored....
I'll drop Mildred off for a very long holiday!!
fulhamsteve

Male

Auto-Sleeper : executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile http://stephenmodlin@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:53 pm

fulhamsteve wrote:Sam
When Tysons gone and you get bored....
I'll drop Mildred off for a very long holiday!!
You might be surprised, lol.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:37 pm

In respect of the controversy this advert is causing, I am removing it from sale. Those that have prior contact with me are ok to carry on talking to me. For the last time, this engine of mine has had a major overhaul and loads of work done on it so the milage is per say, academic. It represents the number on the dash, not the wear and tear of the engine, so please stop using its miles to create drama and to try to drag my price down to that of a far lesser van. Offers of £8000 are insulting and to be frank, id rather scrap it. 

One sold 2 weeks ago on a 2002 plate with 98,000 on aurotrader, that many will have seen and it went for £19500 as a basic van with not even solar on it, so how can mine be less thought of. the answer is it isnt, its the dealers and chancers that have infiltrated face book and at times on here, looking to mug honest people off using negative sales techniques.

Ive bought and sold a few vans in my time and i know what im doing but for those that dont, its advisable to take a mechanic or person of knowledge with them as its a special purchase and anyone selling that refuses such an inspection, isnt worth looking at.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:34 pm

Oh Sam, I am sorry that you are having / had this hassle, totally uncalled for,

What the blazes is the matter with people today, ?  I am finding more and more after my contacts with some, I love my dog more.

There is no respect or common cutesy, like sending messages and folk can`t even be bothered to reply, to me it just shows themselves up for what they  are really like, so I prefer not to know them.

I do hope you sell your van for a good price, it is a lovely van and worth the price you are asking imho. after regularly scouring the web looking at the vans for sale, not that I am in the market for one, very happy with what I have. 

So good luck Sam and very best wishes to you and yours.

Margaret

If anyone knows anything about engines, the mileage isn`t the be all and end all, the overall condition is  and how it has been looked after,  is the deciding factor. IMHO.

Last edited by daisy mae on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added last sentence.)

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst and Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003.98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:56 pm

samleeds wrote:In respect of the controversy this advert is causing, I am removing it from sale.

I can see you've having problems on FB but as far as I can see there has been no controversy in this thread unless you're referring to PM's from members here which of course we can't see.

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Sam, I've owned and sold two Executives, and I still have a search for Execs running on ebay, so I'm well aware of what they sell for.

Don't let the chancers get you down, you have a good idea of what your exceptionally well kept and high spec'd van is worth, stick with that thought.

In its favour along with the above mentioned condition and spec, it has the newer X244 cab which has much better comfort, layout and noise insulation than the previous model, and it has the best engine. These two things are what convinced us to move from our older 1995 X230 Exec and we didn't regret that move as the newer cab and big engine is a much better van.

We wish you all the best with the sale, and we heartily agree with Margaret's comments above.

Stick to your guns Sir.

meanchris

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:27 pm

I was just going to say the same Paul. I've read every word of the thread and can't see anything contentious. 
I'm not in the market myself, but I did pass on the details to a motor homing acquaintance who was looking for an Exec, but have no idea if he contacted Sam.
Irrelevant now if the sale is withdrawn.
Al.
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:28 pm

Nope, no controversy that I can see either. frustrating
Tinwheeler

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:24 pm

bikeralw wrote:I was just going to say the same Paul. I've read every word of the thread and can't see anything contentious. 
I'm not in the market myself, but I did pass on the details to a motor homing acquaintance who was looking for an Exec, but have no idea if he contacted Sam.
Al.

I have not taken it down from the sale, im simply no longer looking to sell it on here as the PM,s are pretty disturbing. ive decided to leave it for the time being as im due in for an emergency procedure on my brain and ill deal with it after im back home again and fit enough to work on the van to prepare it for sale. I love this forum, but recently, its getting a little naughty. in saying that, i mean the pm,s not the open forum discussions. Ive said my bit, its up for sale, but untill i get a serious enquiry, ill be leaving it as it is.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Remember, you're at liberty to block members .

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:55 pm

samleeds wrote:
bikeralw wrote:I was just going to say the same Paul. I've read every word of the thread and can't see anything contentious. 
Al.

I have not taken it down from the sale, im simply no longer looking to sell it on here as the PM,s are pretty disturbing. ive decided to leave it for the time being as im due in for an emergency procedure on my brain and ill deal with it after im back home again and fit enough to work on the van to prepare it for sale. I love this forum, but recently, its getting a little naughty. in saying that, i mean the pm,s not the open forum discussions. Ive said my bit, its up for sale, but untill i get a serious enquiry, ill be leaving it as it is.
It`s even worse Sam, if it the PM`s on this forum, I thought the members on here were different to another forum which I will not name. They should be totally ashamed of them selves, but that sort never are. I am flabbergasted actually that some members on this forum, can be nasty to do this.

In the circumstances it is even worse. I wish you all the luck in the world Sam. , some folk beggers belief.I can`t put what I really feel about this, I would be chucked off.  sensored1

Take care,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst and Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003.98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:00 am

meanchris wrote:Sam, I've owned and sold two Executives, and I still have a search for Execs running on ebay, so I'm well aware of what they sell for.

Don't let the chancers get you down, you have a good idea of what your exceptionally well kept and high spec'd van is worth, stick with that thought.

In its favour along with the above mentioned condition and spec, it has the newer X244 cab which has much better comfort, layout and noise insulation than the previous model, and it has the best engine. These two things are what convinced us to move from our older 1995 X230 Exec and we didn't regret that move as the newer cab and big engine is a much better van.

We wish you all the best with the sale, and we heartily agree with Margaret's comments above.

Stick to your guns Sir.
Chris, based on your undoubtable knowledge and experience of these vans. Based on what my van currently stands at would you look to advertise it without the scooter and rack but with the other fixed extras like tv, computer, satelite dome air suspension etc etc for a fixed price. or would you offer to sell it for a flat bac=sic price with nothing on but extras could be purchased as an add on. 

Which scenario would you sell it for and at what level based on its milage, even though its an upgraded and perfect engine. Any advice would be gratefully recieved as Ive got no time to argue with time wasters and the like. i just want to let it go for a decent price to someone thats going to appreciate it. 

Thanks mate

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 am

daisy mae wrote:
samleeds wrote:
Al.

It`s even worse Sam, if it the PM`s on this forum, I thought the members on here were different to another forum which I will not name. They should be totally ashamed of them selves, but that sort never are. I am flabbergasted actually that some members on this forum, can be nasty to do this.

In the circumstances it is even worse. I wish you all the luck in the world Sam. , some folk beggers belief.I can`t put what I really feel about this, I would be chucked off.  sensored1

Take care,
Margaret
Daisy I wouldnt worry about whats been said. One persons idea of asking why this and that is another persons idea of insults. I dont mind people asking for a deal, i dont even mind when they offer stupid amounts. i do however draw the line at lectures, like.......you wont get money extra for the likes of a telly, computer, air suspension, inverters or even excessive amounts of batteries or a sat dome, they are crap anyway, we love nature and the outdoors so we would throw them all in the bin and we are not paying for binned items you cant sell and cant take off the van without leaving marks.

Thats when I got upset but the person who sent it had a point which i couldnt argue with. My vans a Glamper van and we love out=r time in it as we are both partially handicapped and long walks in the nature are out, so we tend to visit all manner of places and enjoy the interior of the van with comfort in mind. However thats our idea of fun and might not be anyone elses, so we accept that and its negatives.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:55 am

My advice based on buying and selling dozens of motorbikes is not to get too complicated and bogged down with detail.
I lost the will to live reading the list of extras and the costings that buyers would be expected to pay.
As has been suggested to you, I think it's best to try and sell it without mentioning the scooter and other easily removeable bits such as TV & laptop and inverters etc.
Decide on a fixed price with the remaining upgrades included and stick with it.
Al.
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:49 pm

bikeralw wrote:My advice based on buying and selling dozens of motorbikes is not to get too complicated and bogged down with detail.
I lost the will to live reading the list of extras and the costings that buyers would be expected to pay.
As has been suggested to you, I think it's best to try and sell it without mentioning the scooter and other easily removeable bits such as TV & laptop and inverters etc.
Decide on a fixed price with the remaining upgrades included and stick with it.
Al.
Thanks for that, it makes sence. The only thing that bug me is if i remove stuff and put it all back to the way it was, the new buyr might want to add the same as ive taken off. Im thinking to take the bike and rack off and sell as seen without the computer, extra batteries and inverter. Ill leave the air suspension on with the tv and the solar and controller.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:16 pm

I had a guy here today with his mechanic and they test drove it beyond reasonable in my eyes, but Tyson just breezed through it. They did a full 1 hr trying to find fault and I must admit I was getting annoyed as I knew he was a dealer or someone looking to flip it so i just threw him the keys, told him to knock himself out and I would be inside when he was finished.

They both came in and mentioned the windows that do need replacing, i agreed, they then decided that they were looking for a more original van till i told them i had all the original parts that I changed out like the plate holder and the front air vent canopy that i had blocked off and if they came back Monday it would be on the drive presitine and all back to original. 

I could see they were looking to drag my price down and they asked if i could move from £23,500, so I did. I dropped the price to £22,999 because of the windows and it became obvious they either didnt have the money or were just tyre kickers with a van to sell. They had a piece of paper with all my extras that i gave them and they had their own prices beside my listed items, presumably what they could get for them.

After 2 hrs I told them to either make me an  offer or leave. They offered £18,000 for everything and I asked them to leave, they wanted to stay and barter but to be fair I had had enough and They started to get a little rude which was when i showed them the door. O his way out, the buyer asked the mechanic, who was doing most of the talking, to wait in the car. he then offered me £21,000 last offer and I refused. 

I know he will be back, or phone me but to be honest, I took a disliking to them both and its not right that the seller should be so rude and dismissive. My wife said they acted like Gypsies so I put the steadies down, steering lock on, cabled the steering wheel to the door and disconnected the battery. Just in case, lol.

Ive got a really nice chap interested but not before xmas so Ill wait for him on a first refusal basis before i go ahead. It has been an interesting day, lol. nearly 3 hrs and they were not happy they didnt get it. Maybe manners would have been a better way to approach it.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:29 pm

You didn't let them have the keys out of your sight I hope Sam. Scammers can clone and copy them in seconds. I'd be worried they now had a key.
Al.
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:34 pm

bikeralw wrote:You didn't let them have the keys out of your sight I hope Sam. Scammers can clone and copy them in seconds. I'd be worried they now had a key.
Al.
The only time they had the keys or touched them, was when he test drove it. They couldnt find their way back and my drive is hard to get into backwards, so I took over and the keys stayed in my hand after that. On reflection, they may have acted like gypsies, but i honestly think the man that was looking to buy it, regreted bringing the mechanic, so maybe he was just trying to be carefull

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:09 am

Last night at ten o clock i got a call from my friend that looked at the van. He offered me a twin axle Hobby caravan worth £15,000 and 8,000 euros in payment. I didnt even ask what the caravan was about, i just decided to kill him off by saying it was sold last night and has gone. Ill leave you there to figure the rest out.

Gypsies do buy and sell and are sometimes nice people, so I have nothing against them. They are ruthless in business and sell without recourse or guarantees, so buyer be aware, but in this case, pound notes were all i was looking for, not trade ins.

I am planning a quick trip out at the end of the month up to Oban in Scotland for a week, so Tyson is still getting around and still keeping active. He is still for sale but im not pushing it till after xmas

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:32 pm

In respect of a few messages i received, please let me say that i have nothing against Gypsies, their money is the same colour as ours and if they are honest gypsies, I am all for doing business. The £21000 I was offered was made up of a twin axle caravan and cash in euros and i didnt want a £15000 caravan, especially a twin axle hobby traveller caravan.

Thanks for all the advice, its well appreciated but im pretty street savvy and know what i want.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum