The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instrument cluster warning lights problem

+6
inspiredron
-mojo-
Toffee
rgermain
Rubi's Dad
Molly3
10 posters

Go down

Instrument cluster warning lights problem  Empty Instrument cluster warning lights problem

Post by Molly3 Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:11 pm

2014 nuevo . I have recently noticed that when I switch on cruise control  the airbag warning light and the water in fuel filter warning comes  on  dimly , goes off when cruise control is turned of .any advice please .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Instrument cluster warning lights problem  Empty Re: Instrument cluster warning lights problem

Post by Rubi's Dad Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi Molly. This is a common fault with Peugeot Boxer derived vans from 2012 - 2016, I know this as I currently have the same problem. I approached Peugeot and they were not interested as my van also 2014 is out of warranty. I have reported the matter to VOSA who have investigated and determined that it is not a 'serious safety defect', I know airbag may or may not have a fault, go figure. Apparently the issue relates to moisture inside the panel affecting the LEDs, loads of posts on this site and others about it. So unless you have a form of warranty on your Nuevo it will cost 150 with Cartronix to fix it. I share your pain !
Rubi's Dad
Rubi's Dad

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Instrument cluster warning lights problem  Empty Re: Instrument cluster warning lights problem

Post by rgermain Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Cheap parts!!  Moisture I think is an excuse, had mine changed at 8 mths old and no problems since. Peugeot changed mine, I wonder why the problem has not come back if it is moisture.

Just goes to show how much Peugeot after care is worth when they know there is a long listed problem.

Cartronix in Waterlooville I understand give a life time warranty.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Just looked at their website, Cartronix that is, £150 same day service. States well known problem with Boxer based Motorhomes!

Come on Peugeot own up!
----------
Richard

Last edited by rgermain on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubi's Dad Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Other than the failsafe 'out of warranty' the other 2 parameters Peugeot used to deny any responsibility were; 'Vehicle Purchased Outside of Network' & ' Vehicle Has Been Converted' the fact that Peugeot don't sell motorhomes and the conversion does not affect the instrument cluster seems to have been irrelevant to Peugeot !!
Rubi's Dad
Rubi's Dad

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:00 pm

I noticed on Saturday our works Fiat doblo has the same issue although it doesn’t have cruise control.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Toffee wrote:I noticed on Saturday our works Fiat doblo has the same issue although it doesn’t have cruise control.

Yes I agree, our lights were on all the time, cruise control on or off.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:42 pm

My advice would be that if it only happens when cruise in switched on, and it's easy to distinguish between dimly on and fully lit, I would leave it alone. It shouldn't fail the MOT like that.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:45 pm

As others have said - common fault.  It happens when the van is unused for a longish period in damp and cold conditions  which might explain why some folk don't get it. 
Cartronix will cure it with a lifetime guarantee but it costs £25 in carriage every time they repair it again - at current postage rates (both ways).  I have already had it fail one year after a Cartronix repair when they were supposed to have fitted better led's.  I reckon that it is tracking on the circuit board that causes the problem - probably not enough lacquer to prevent damp from bridging tracks that are too close to each other. 
This winter I will remove the cluster and bring it indorrs for the winter!  The panel is easy to remove and replace (4 screws) and the only penalty is losing the trip data.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Thanks for replys .I went to my main dealer that just serviced the van to ask about the  fault  ,there reply ,don't know we will have to do a full diagnostic check .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi, ours was replaced by Peugeots under warranty exactly two years after we bought the van. We were told there was not even a one year Peugeot guarantee on the new replacement. If we had had to have it replaced again it would have been around £800 then. They know there is a problem and there should be an automatic recall regardless of being out of warranty. As Ron said, use Cartronix, yes they give a lifetime guarantee.

To help keep my screen free from codensation, the van lives with a quality screen cover on during the winter months and if we are not using it, we take the van out at least every 4 weeks for a blast, though it ought to be more often. We also have an oil filled radiator and a couple of condensation moisture traps in the van during winter. Hopefully all this will help to preserve the instrument cluster as well as keeping the van nice and cosy inside.

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Molly3 wrote:Thanks for replys .I went to my main dealer that just serviced the van to ask about the  fault  ,there reply ,don't know we will have to do a full diagnostic check .
What a load of bo**o**s!  A good way to get a diagnostic check fee.  IT'S A WELL KNOWN FAULT.
Also try, in the dark, switching off the ignition without Cruise control on (or with if you like).  You will see that several of th ewarning lights glow EXREMELY dimly for exactly 3 minutes and then go out when th eECU goes into sleep mode.  It can JUST be seen at the main dealer if you throw a heavy coat over the dashboard as artificial darkness.  Try it! frustrating   sensored1

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Agreed with all the above. I have had three of these panels changed by Peugeot on a 2013 year build Boxer. Don't be fobbed off. If the garage says it is an unknown problem, then either they have little experience (go elsewhere), or they are fibbing (go elsewhere).
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Exactly the same as ours prior to it’s last BSI reset.  That much grief with little support from previous pug dealer fed up with theB thing it’s days are numbered
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:09 pm

I am getting the exact same felling .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Ours has been through an MOT with this with no problem, they are only dim when cruise control is on as others have reported. Will get it repaired if it gets worse, but at the moment leaving well alone.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Thanks for all replies , as it is not urgent I will have it repaired at my convenience .Bazz.
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down