The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeds park and ride access for motorhomes

4 posters

Go down

Leeds park and ride access for motorhomes Empty Leeds park and ride access for motorhomes

Post by kaspian Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 am

Does anyone know if motorhomes can access the park and ride sites in Leeds ?  Hoping to visit tomorrow and one  site states height barrier in place but I know that in York they open these to allow you entry , no idea about Leeds . Any help appreciated...
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Leeds park and ride access for motorhomes Empty Re: Leeds park and ride access for motorhomes

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:23 am

Elland Road P & R looks OK, no height barrier.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Temple Green has 2.35m barrier.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Leeds park and ride access for motorhomes Empty Re: Leeds park and ride access for motorhomes

Post by kaspian Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Thanks  Ploughlin, that us where I got my info from. Just got a reply from Metro. Elland road access ok at the moment but may change shortly with proposed upgrade. Spaces look made for old style mini sized cars only ! Temple green already  has height barrier , It would seem like Leeds council giving two fingered salute to responsible motorhome users unlike the excellent facilities at York. Never mind , their loss!
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:35 pm

I just googled 'motorhome parking Leeds' and plenty of threads from various forums saying to avoid it but I did find this suggestion on one forum....

"What I do when I want to go into Leeds is leave my car (or motorhome) at New Pudsey railway station on the ring-road on the east side, directly between Leeds and Bradford - they have a big free car park - and take the commuter train into Leeds - a ten minute journey every 20 minutes (I think). As a bonus there is Owlcotes shopping centre (M & S and a huge Asda/Wal-Mart) literally next door where there is an even bigger car park with a pedestrianway direct to the station. No silly parking charges or restrictions, either, and easy access for even the largest RV. "

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:43 pm

We were also intending to visit Leeds and York in December, parking in the park and rides, but this post has made me rethink Leeds now.
Generally there seems to be an increase in the use of height barriers throughout the UK.
 We've visited the Norfolk coast many times over the years, almost every parking area we used to park in now has height barriers, and those that don't have a notice that specifically bans motorhomes.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:29 am

Thanks Paul/ ploughlin.    Al , York is fantastic with plentiful motorhome sized spaces in park and ride sites available. Leeds advertises 2 sites at Elland rd and Temple green but this has height  barriers. Looking at aerial views spaces seem hardly big enough for an old style Mini!
          I contacted Metro who after I complained that motorhomes have no access eventually  offered to make someone available on arrival to open the height restricting barrier. By then we had already boarded the train instead ! We cant be the first to have asked the question.....
      It is amazing the difference between 2 towns so close together, one so motorhome friendly the other in the stone age! Bang goes my chance to 'accidently 'happen upon Vantage Motorhomes and see if I could persuade Mrs K.   hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down