The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fly screen hab door

3 posters

Go down

Fly screen hab door Empty Fly screen hab door

Post by dawsden Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:19 am

Hi all
I have a 2004 nuevo and I'm wanting to know if I could get a fly screen for the hab door or would I be able to replace the door with a new one but with integrated flyscreen? Not sure if this something I could buy from autosleeper. I would be very grateful for your advice.

Kind regards
dawsden

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 04

Back to top Go down

Fly screen hab door Empty Re: Fly screen hab door

Post by Paulmold Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:37 am

Don't forget to change your profile as it shows you have a Duetto.

You could try searching eBay for flyscreen and you'll find the magnetic type. Fiamma do them. As for replacing whole door, I think that's a definite no

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Fly screen hab door Empty Re: Fly screen hab door

Post by Cymro Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:11 am

Dawsden: I asked that question when I met a rep from AS recently at the launch of a new dealer. On display was a new NuevoES like ours. It had a different habitation door, which incorporated a retractable fly screen. I asked whether it would be possible to substitute such a door for our Hartal door. The answer is no, because the furniture adjacent to the door needs to be of different dimensions to ours, in order to fit that part of the door which is the integral fly-screen cassette.

It just won't fit. And goodness knows how much the new door would cost, even if it did fit.

And no - you can't just buy the fly-screen cassette part and bodge it to fit, because the whole door is one unit, incorporating the cassette.

On with the fly spray...

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down