Mercedes Radio

Go down

Mercedes Radio Empty Mercedes Radio

Post by gemdeco on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi
   I am looking to upgrade my existing radio ,have any one any suggestions or suitable radio's for sale
kind regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Radio Empty Re: Mercedes Radio

Post by Peter Brown on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Does your existing radio have good reception? The power supply for the Veba reversing camera/monitor is above the cab interior light, adjacent to a joint in the aerial downlead and is the source of severe interference even with the monitor switched off via the remote control. After extensive investigation by dealer and AS engineers, I had a switch installed to remove power from the reversing monitor and found I had a very good performing radio.

The Mercedes aerial has an amplifier built in and takes a 12v supply from the existing radio.

The Mercedes electronics detects aftermarket radios and will only power them when the engine is running. I know a couple of people who have had the van modified to bypass this.

Most people seem to be going for 'Head Units' running either apple or android OS and the radio is just one of the applications- not for me.

My satnav rests on a support that fits into the CD slot on the Merc radio so I'm happy with what I've got.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum