1992 T4 AutoSleeper Trooper

Go down

1992 T4 AutoSleeper Trooper

Post by powerscape on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Excuse the ebay link but i am struggling to upload photos so have pasted the wording i wrote for ebay and link shows some photos, can provide many more if needed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Campervan/223154485329?hash=item33f50b3851:g:A9YAAOSwGvtbo7pm

I am sad to say that the time has come to sell Winston our beloved campervan, our children are outgrowing the pop top sleeping compartment and require a little more space, otherwise we would be holding on to him for much longer.

We have owned Winston for the last 2 years enjoying some great adventures, the van has been virtually faultless except for the general maintenance elements of new brakes, oil and filter and the odd replacement bumper section or cracked light.

Winston is a 1992 T4 Autosleeper Trooper with a wooden sided pop top roof suitable for two children, he has done just over 98,000 miles in 28 years, this will increase and still used weekly. He is a 2.4 Litre Diesel engine with no expensive unreliable turbos 

MOT expires 29th October 2019 (I would be happy to put 12 months on it if the asking price is met)

He starts and drives fantastically still and is a real head turner.

The vehicle started out white and was re sprayed many years ago, as such you will find odd places under the pop top and inside the door seals that is showing a few signs of white but not loads, also the body has a few age related rust marks or bubbling, however nothing that has been filled or replaced that I know of, certainly not in my time or by me.

The vehicle still has an original Thetford toilet in the cupboard which is a god send with small children.

I have tried to list key items below also

Blown Air Heating
Swivel passenger Seat
Leisure Battery
12v 240v and gas fridge freezer
Porta Potty
Pull Out Bed (sleeps 2)
Wooden Sided Pop Top (sleeps 2)
Gas Cooker 2 Rings
Grill
Sink
Storage Cupboard with Basket Drawers
Wardrobe with Hanging Rail
Main Table
Small Table for Passenger Seat
12v Lighting
2 USB Ports and Socket
Fiamma Pull Out F35 Awning
Towbar 
1 Gas Bottle
Rear Seat Belts 
Large water tank
Bundle of original documents and receipts

I have recently replaced the van floor in the rear as seen in the photos from carpet to a laminate.

There is one job left to do on the van which is to weld under both front wheel arches, this has been like this for many years now on each MOT as a comment and is not in the prescribed area for an MOT so will not fail, I have quotes to do the works between £250 and £350 pounds and a days work, this is the only job left that needs doing.

There are only two faults the 1st is that the temperature light flashes on and off during driving sometimes, this is a common fault with the T4 and is a cable normally (please google and you will see). It has been like this for 2 years and never been a problem, so I have never repaired it.

The second is the boot lock sometimes needs a tap to engage the handle, pull of the back panel and it will be easily fixed, I have just not had a chance and to be honest it makes me laugh when I have to tap it sometimes.

The van will come with colour match paint and primer ready for a few spots that could do with some work, this has been specially made from a sample of the van for an exact match, also some more additional felt and any other spare parts I have that would be relevant.

This is a van that is 28 years old so please do not expect a new vehicle, it is well maintained and looked after and drives and works brilliantly.

I have many more photos and am happy to share these with anyone that is seriously interested.

The Vehicle is based in Ipswich and if you would like to view let me know and we can arrange a suitable time.

Thank you and any questions please ask.

Male

Member Age : 42
Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper Trooper
Vehicle Year : 1993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum