New AS dealer in South Wales

Go down

New AS dealer in South Wales

Post by Cymro on Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:56 am

It might be of interest for Forum Members in South Wales to know that - according to a leaflet which I received in today's post - Stowford South Wales are now dealers for Autosleepers. They are located at Coed Ely, a mile or so north of Llantrisant and Talbot Green. They have a celebratory weekend event next weekend.

Hitherto they have only been been Bailey dealers.

Because they are so much nearer the dealer from whom I bought our Nuevo, I took ours to Stowford when I had a heater problem 2 years ago, and they were excellent. Their technician rose to the challenge and found and cured the problem. I've not used them since because I have been using Willersey, but now that they are Autosleepers trained, it'll be hard not to use Stowford in future - saving a 180 mile journey and an overnight stay - especially as I'm now out of warranty.

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New AS dealer in South Wales

Post by Paulmold on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:21 am

I posted about this on Thursday. It was their closeness to you that made me think of posting about it. It's good to know of your personal experience of them.

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t27403-new-dealer-south-wales

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:27 am

How on earth did I miss your post, Paul!    Very embarrassing! And after you’d Been so helpful!

Thanks. 

PS:  maybe these 2 threads should be merged? Yours was first, Paul.

Last edited by Cymro on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ps added)
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabli on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:19 am

I only found this forum this morning, and this piece of information was so useful to us that I had to join immediately  up!   My husband phoned Stowfords to enquire about it and they told him that it all starts next weekend with the arrival of the Autosleepers vehicles.  This will certainly help us as trips to Tewksbury and/or Willersley are a pain. G
Mabli

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Went along to the open day to Stowford [South Wales] yesterday. They were having an Open Day to celebrate their having been appointed AutoSleepers dealer.

I hadn't been there for 2 years, and was really amazed to see the extent to which they've expanded. New roads and car parks - a large site now. I don't exaggerate: there must have been at least 50 motorhomes there, and a similar number of caravans. Most of the motorhomes were Bailey (as they have been a Bailey dealer for some years) with a range of makes of used motorhomes. The AutoSleepers there were all new, having been brought over by AS for the event - one example of most of the range. Interesting to see 4 different panel van conversions side by side (Warwick, Fairford, Symbol and another which I don't remember) as well as different layouts of Nuevos. A gentleman [Dave] from the AS sales department was on hand to answer questions etc.

A promising start.

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus on Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Does anyone have any further updates on their experiences with this new AS dealer, particularly in the servicing and workshop side of the business ?

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabli on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:48 pm

We went along last week, and as Cymro said, the place has changed quite dramatically since we last visited a couple of years ago.  They appear to have reduced the storage facility and expanded their sales area, and separated out the caravans and motorhomes.  It also looks much neater and cared for there now, which gives a much better impression to my mind!

We've booked our Broadway in for some minor warranty work, for next month.  Will report back on our experience then.  However, must say that the staff we spoke to were all very helpful, and efficient, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that the service staff are the same and that their Autosleeper training is top notch!!
Mabli

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Many thanks, keep us posted  up!

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:38 am

I intend to take my Nuevo there for its annual hab service, early next year.

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum