Broadway FB

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Broadway FB - Page 3 Empty Joining tape 2017 Broadway

Post by Dennis Holden on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:28 pm

I have only just joined this forum and have noticed several members have reported problems regarding the joining tape curling up.Is this a warranty claim and if so do they replace with better ‘stickier’ tape or do they put the same sort back which will only last 12 months! Does anyone know how to stop the rain water leaving white marks down the sides of the decals on the Motorhome. I have tried polish,beeswax rubbed in which makes the marks disappear temporarily but return as soon as it rains againThanks Dennis Holden
Dennis Holden
Dennis Holden

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2017 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Broadway FB - Page 3 Empty Re: Broadway FB

Post by Paulmold on Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:33 pm

Perhaps you'd like to introduce yourself here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is already a thread on the jointing tape started today - see 'roof tape'.
You can use the search facility to see previous threads on this subject, search 'jointing tape'

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:56 pm

I’d be interested in how you get on with the new Autotrail Wightman, we are reluctantly replacing our ageing Swift as we feel it is now too small for our future planned trips around Europe and beyond, so will be looking again at a new or almost new van. We did consider another Autosleeper as we really enjoyed our Broadway, but after the huge bed in the Swift, I couldn’t go back to their French bed model. We are looking at a used Cotswold EB tomorrow ( as its close by) , as well as a couple of Autotrails, an A Class Dethleffs a Bessacarr and a couple of Bürstners. Storage, payload, spacious bathroom and a large lounge area are our main priorities so whichever make fills our needs will be the one we buy.

Dennis, regarding the black streaks, first thing you need to do is make sure the roof is clean and polished. This, I found, significantly reduces new black streaks appearing and you can buy streak remover caravan wash ( can’t remember the name, but it sprays on and dissolves the streaks quickly before washing)
ajrm
ajrm

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Holden on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:58 pm

It isn’t black streaks that is the problem.When the rain water runs down the sides of the van down the vynil decals when the van dries there are streaks down the decals which are light grey (difficult to explain but imagine if you threw some paint at the side of the van and let it run down the sides)The rain water only affects the decal.If I use bumper trim reviver spray,polish dash shine etc etc the streaks disappear until it rains again! Very frustrating. I have looked at other vans and have never seen similar streaks! I wonder if the dealer had power washed it with a strong detergent before I got it?
Dennis Holden
Dennis Holden

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2017 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 pm

ajrm wrote: so will be looking again at a new or almost new van. We did consider another Autosleeper as we really enjoyed our Broadway, but after the huge bed in the Swift, I couldn’t go back to their French bed model. 
If buying new you could consider the new Corinium, it's got the island bed. Only this week in conversation with a fellow motorhomer, I was corrected in saying Autosleeper don't do an island bed model. Yep, a lovely van but shame about not having the large fridge freezer IMO. Regards

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:20 am

We looked at the whole range of Auto-Sleepers yesterday, and although the Corinium was nice, we don’t like the wood colour, it’s not as nice as our old Broadway was. Also, there is not enough storage for us, we intend to be spending a long time away touring and easy storage is important. I think we will be looking at something with a garage or similar, we have our eye on a couple of different makes at the moment. The decision will be made in a couple of weeks.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Well, I’m afraid Auto-Sleepers couldn’t tempt us again. As much as we loved our Broadway FB, the new vans didn’t do it for me, the main reason was the lack of storage and quite a few new ones on display had panel damage and lifting and bubbling decals.
Anyway, we bought a new Burstner from a dealer in France so it will be French registered and £10k cheaper than U.K. dealers sell them for.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:03 pm

ajrm wrote:Well, I’m afraid Auto-Sleepers couldn’t tempt us again. As much as we loved our Broadway FB, the new vans didn’t do it for me, the main reason was the lack of storage and quite a few new ones on display had panel damage and lifting and bubbling decals.  
Anyway, we bought a new Burstner from a dealer in France so it will be French registered and £10k cheaper than U.K. dealers sell them for.  

I see you are in France, so I suppose it makes sense in case you have a problem and need to return to the dealer/factory.

I hate to say it but friends of ours love their Burstner to bits and would never buy any other make after making the switch last year.
Enjoy you new van and France, we hope to get back next year, if we are allowed confused3

-------------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum