The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Leisure Battery Charging

+4
hillwalker
murph
Stewart John
mikedepledge
8 posters

Go down

Nuevo Leisure Battery Charging Empty Nuevo Leisure Battery Charging

Post by mikedepledge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:43 pm

I have had my 05 Neuvo for six months now and am generally pleased with it, however I have a problem with the leisure battery which I found was not holding the charge. I have just had a new battery fitted and this is also not holding the charge, I can only presume that something is causing the battery to discharge and wonder if any one has had this problem and, if a so, what the likely cause might be.
mikedepledge
mikedepledge

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leisure Battery Charging Empty Re: Nuevo Leisure Battery Charging

Post by Stewart John Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi

If I leave my Radio on for 3 or 4 days it will flatten the battery, just a though. scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz 2.0 2014

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leisure Battery Charging Empty Battery

Post by murph Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Mike,
Check the radio Isolator switch on the right hand side above the fridge is off, if it is on the Radio is live, and draining the battery.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:05 pm

I, also, have the same problem with my 05 Nuevo! It is going in tomorrow to be checked out by the dealer so will let you know the outcome.
I have checked the radio isolator switch and that is in the off position. I have switched the habitation rocker to leisure battery and with just one light on you can see the battery draining dramatically so something is amiss
"H"

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:30 am

Have you got the switch on the panel over to the habitation side ?
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:23 pm

After 2 hours of trying to find a fault with the vehicle wiring the dealer failed and fitted a new battery with the proviso if the situation was the same they would try again to find the fault.
So that's alright then!!!
cannot fault them for trying but possibly more to come on this topic

"H"

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leisure Battery Charging Empty Battery Fuse Meltdown

Post by shapfell Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi There. I to have had problems on my 2003 Nuevo which I have owned for 6 years. The battery recently stopped holding a charge for very long and when it was completely dead one day I decided to go and get another. I started the vehicle and with seconds there was smoke coming out from under the drivers seat where the battery is stored. Upon removal of the seat etc I could see that one of the fuses had melted down into the relay box! This requires a new box which I am at present trying to track down. Interestingly, at my local caravan place where I took the vehicle, there was another Nuevo in there with similar problem, pre meltdown! This battery was only about two years old but had been in stock for a long time so can't complain. Previous one lasted 4 years. Should they last longer? But is does suggest, from the posts here, that there is problem with the Nuevo's electric charging system. Autosleeper cannot supply me with a new box as it comes complete with all the electric 'loom(?)' needed for them to fit the electrics. You cannot uses second had ones either as to get the wires out you have to trash the box! One thing I though of was that the habitation battery was being charged all the time and this could have led to the meltdown. Had I thought on should have switched the charging over to vehicle until purchased new battery! I am 67yr old lady owner and getting the seat, swivel and base plate out to access the battery was a challenge but not difficult, however, electrics are something else. Anyone else had this sort of thing happen?
shapfell
shapfell

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Leisure Battery Charging Empty re. battery fuse meltdown

Post by wwinky Tue May 08, 2012 11:22 pm

i had the same problem 30amp fuse melting when battery recharging after using off hook up.Was advised to fit a maxi blade fuse holder and 30 amp maxi fuse available from halfords this is a better quality fuse holder and copes with a high current easy to install.No problems for six years
wwinky
wwinky
wwinky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : broadway eb
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm Fri May 11, 2012 3:50 pm

I had similar problems with sudden flats and blown fuses under warranty. The after 200 miles worth of returns the dealer changed the charger because they were a known bad batch.

The fridge fuse has melted on my Nuevo, so I cannot use it whilst driving as it smells like bonfire night.

Don't AS use rubbish fittings? Somebody please tell me it has changed for the better as I like being a member of ASOC. Met a person at the AGM with a year old van with a window leak. So I will need some convincing.
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down