VW T4 Trident Auto Sleeper 1.9TDI SOLD

Go down

VW T4 Trident Auto Sleeper 1.9TDI SOLD

Post by Woodpecker on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:10 am

Much loved and reliable VW Trident Autosleeper that has given us a lot of fun but we're getting to an age (sadly) when we just need a bit more space so have decided now to replace her with a motorhome (yikes!).

Before I start I need to cover that the MOT tester messed up when we last took our lovely van in for an MOT and they incorrectly linked on the VOSA website meaning the information that shows MOT due date of 15 June 2019 is INCORRECT.  The MOT is actually due on 15 July 2019, but I've been told it will take around 8 weeks for the error to be corrected on the VOSA database.  They did reassure me that a simple call to check the previous history and current MOT expiry date could satisfy a potential buyer that this will be amended.  I do have all the MOT sheets back to 2013 so these do check out.  Recent MOT emissions pass without issue, and so far as I could tell it's never had a problem so it was also good to know with the more recent changes that it continues to be ok.

We have lots of previous history dating back to 2008 showing replacement Cam Belt in 2009 (125,514), and again we had this replaced this year as although it hasn't done the 'miles' it has been 9 years and our garage recommended not to leave it more than 10 years.

In 2013 (127,453) there is paperwork to confirm removal of gearbox and renewal of clutch assembly.

We had glow plus replaced in 2015 which unsurprisingly made the world of difference to how it runs.

Annual servicing is pretty much evidenced over the previous 10 years or more, with most recent being a full service so it's all good to go.

The van is a 4 berth and we have the bed section that goes in the roof space for little ones.  There are of course also 4 travelling seat belts which not all Campervans have.

The gas stove and fridge/freezer are both in great working order and (not that you'd want it in the recent British summer weather) this van has the benefit of warm air blowers that run from the gas supply.

When we bought this van it had a terrible paint job on the cabinets inside and so we've done some work to make it more to our taste (and lose the teapots and roses!) but on the whole it's pretty much as you'd expect for a van that's 22 years old.  Upholstery is the original and in pretty good condition considering the miles she's covered.

It's not new, it isn't perfect but it has bags of character and has never let us down once.  If you do check the MOT history online you'll see that there is mention of some general under body corrosion.  I have had this checked out by a second garage when we took it in for the change to Cam Belt to be absolutely sure because we'd originally intended to keep it and was told that it was nothing to be concerned about and entirely what you'd expect for a van that had travelled this many miles and was this age.

Being a 1.9 TDI we have found the van to be pretty economical.  It's not going to get you from A to B in a hurry but it will plod along happily at 70 on the motorway and who wants to rush anyway?

We will be selling with our fab Outwell Hollywood Freeway Air Awning.  This has only been used about 3 times, and always on a ground sheet to protect it from damage.  The awning also has an Outwell carpet designed for the Awning.  If you google this awning you'll find really positive reviews, it's honestly brilliant.  We'd have kept it but it won't fit our new motorhome (gutted!).  If you didn't want the awning we'll be happy to sell this separately and adjust the price to reflect that. I’ve added a small pic of the awning on our van with an internet pic which better shows it.  For a serious buyer we’d be happy to show it ‘up’ on viewing.

The van has 5 former keepers and was an original conversion from new, so no heavy duty life for this camper.  It's lived it's life so far on the open road and we hope someone will come along that wants to carry on loving her like we have for the past 5 years.

We've just emptied the van ready to sell and couldn't quite believe how much stuff we'd got stored away in all the cubby holes which made great use of the high top.

If you want to view this can of course be arranged.  We are located in Ashford, Kent.

The camper will be advertised elsewhere and we are not keen to show our van for tyre kickers who are looking to offer  enough to buy half a bag of sweets so as much as I'm sure you might be genuine please don't waste both our time unless you are a serious buyer (that sounded harsh but I'm sure you'll understand!).  

This is really great and will do the next owner proud, plus it comes with the benefit of a Full Service, MOT to mid July '19 and new Cam Belt and Water Pump so you shouldn't have to pay out on it other than road tax for almost a whole year.  Price we are asking reflects this - £9,475 ovno
Woodpecker

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1996

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VW T4 Trident Auto Sleeper 1.9TDI SOLD

Post by Woodpecker on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:45 am

Attempting to add some pics

Woodpecker

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trident