2003 AS boxer executive 2.8l diesel turbo

Go down

2003 AS boxer executive 2.8l diesel turbo

Post by samleeds on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm

This vehicle is for sale or swap, please refer to the link as its on the forum already. 

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t26897-looking-to-downgrade

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2003 AS boxer executive 2.8l diesel turbo

Post by samleeds on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:31 am

In light of the fact that the other thread has been closed due to certain people being somewhat over zealous, ive been told to insert a price which might pacify certain people. Ive decided that im happy with £19,500 for the basic vehicle with battery and solar fitted, but the other extras like reversing cameras, tv, air suspension, scooter and rack, satellite dome and lpg tank etc etc can be left on for a little extra if the new owner wants them. 

Hopefully this helps and i feel the price is fair as e bay and autosleeper are advertising vans like this that are a special edition and much sought after are fetching between 21 to 23, 000.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 pm

does anyone feel the offer price is wrong

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:21 pm

It’s difficult to say Sam, have you done any comparisons 

We sold our 2000 2.5td Executive 10 years ago and it’s on the Internet at the moment in Scotland at £14500 when I saw it.  

IMO the 2.8 was a much better engine.

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:46 pm

roli wrote:It’s difficult to say Sam, have you done any comparisons 

We sold our 2000 2.5td Executive 10 years ago and it’s on the Internet at the moment in Scotland at £14500 when I saw it.  

IMO the 2.8 was a much better engine.
Roli

I think the only comparisons we can do is to look at the market and drop a little if the prices are dealers but go up a little if they are e bay sales prices. We then look at what we paid and finally listen to the advice of others in the same boat but ignore the advice of the crew that always know best for others and patronise as opposed to offering help. I know what I bought mine for and im a pretty good buyer, i know what the market for private is and based on actual sales from e bay and the average of all of those id £19500 but you know as well as i do that 2 different buyers will set 2 different price ranges so we need to just hope the right one comes along at the right time. I live in hope.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:20 pm

can anyone with experience of these things please advise me as to what money i should be looking for, with the basic van in mind. I can take the extras off her in a heart beat, or negotiate for them left on so its the basic van we are talking about in great condition. All suggestions welcome

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:47 pm

Looks like a good van for the money. I bought a 2003 Talisman 4 months ago and looked at 10 different AS monocoques before buying it so have a good idea on pricing. Although your mileage is higher than ours it has the more poweful engine and it looks like it's priced in the right ball park. The extras will be very attractive to the right person you just might need to include some of the extras to sell it.
Wizard

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:56 pm

Wizard wrote:Looks like a good van for the money. I bought a 2003 Talisman 4 months ago and looked at 10 different AS monocoques before buying it so have a good idea on pricing. Although your mileage is higher than ours it has the more poweful engine and it looks like it's priced in the right ball park. The extras will be very attractive to the right person you just might need to include some of the extras to sell it.
In light of recent events, my failing sight and the return of my tumour has rendered me less than capable of stripping the van down for sale, so my price stands but the extras are going to have to be of a lesser valued consideration. 

I will leave it on here for sale for one more week then it goes on E bay to the highest bidder. My son is to run it up to our favourite place we have lots of fond memories of and where a bench will be situated after my passing. that will be our last trip in her and ill post pictures with all its extras and finery for all to see. 

I really appreciate your kind words and good advice and I thank you.

sam

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fulhamsteve on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:19 pm

hi peeps,
iv only just seen this post as my computer has been away for a new keyboard. (sorry love, I didn't mean to spill my south African merlot over it.) anyway I just wanted to say I have visited Samleeds at hes home in my 2002 as executive. its fair to say I was a trifle, nay mega envious at his van compared to mine. Im not going to try and sell it for him on here, but just want to say if your in the market for one of these then go and see it last. that way you will realise how good it is. he doesant know im putting this reply on, im doing it because having seen and examined it at close quarters im well impressed!!
hope this helps anyone who isant sure about viewing.
best regards to all.
steve.
fulhamsteve

Male

Auto-Sleeper : executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile http://stephenmodlin@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samleeds on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:40 am

fulhamsteve wrote:hi peeps,
iv only just seen this post as my computer has been away for a new keyboard. (sorry love, I didn't mean to spill my south African merlot over it.) anyway I just wanted to say I have visited Samleeds at hes home in my 2002 as executive. its fair to say I was a trifle, nay mega envious at his van compared to mine. Im not going to try and sell it for him on here, but just want to say if your in the market for one of these then go and see it last. that way you will realise how good it is. he doesant know im putting this reply on, im doing it because having seen and examined it at close quarters im well impressed!!
hope this helps anyone who isant sure about viewing.
best regards to all.
steve.
Very nice note Steve and Im chuffed you took time to be nice. I doubt anyone on here will by Tyson as its not a van with things to do, its a good to go and ready to rock with lods of nice things extra in it. In fact today im installing a small a/c with dehumidifying unit in it and a bar and sub base system for my new TV to compliment my new sat dome one button tv finder. I love tinkering and next weeks job is 2 new winder sleeves for the rear steadies. I will never stop till she gets sold, but alas, Im not dead yet so shes off to fraisthorpe this weekend for  good hooley with the grandkids who love the up to bed with a roof mountd table hot wired to my hotspot so they can do movies while we watch the news downstairs. All good fun mate and good luck with the gearbox.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fulhamsteve on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:52 am

Enjoy your trip!!
fulhamsteve

Male

Auto-Sleeper : executive