Ququq

Go down

Ququq

Post by Askit on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 am

I read the review on this thing in this months CCC magazine and, to be honest, can’t make up my mind whether it’s a genius idea or an expensive lump   think_smiley_46 It looks good but still leaves you with no heating, no external power source, no “facilities”, no black out blinds, limited storage, etc. Getting changed for bed looks like it would be an interesting test of ones flexibility  biggrin 

On balance, I’ve still got most of the gear from our camping days, decent two burner cooker and grlll, porta- potty, great double air bed, water bottle with tap. I could probably knock up my own quack quack for a few quid   lol4

_________________
Tony
avatar
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1409
Joined : 2015-05-16
Member Age : 69
Location : West of Scotland
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Gromit on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 am

You been on the single malt again Tony?  Whistle1

Please post a link and I'll join you in La La land.  lol4


Ah - found it. (Got the right spelling this time! blushes)

Brilliant concept, but utterly impractical as you say. Who is likely to bother? I can't see the earnest inventer getting very rich!

_________________
Dave [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Gromit
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 5021
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 75
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by boxerman on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 am

I googled it - not impressed.
Might be OK in a land where it never rained, but where is that?

Frank
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 4279
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 71
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Askit on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:23 am

Sorry, here’s link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for the Single Malt, I’ve not had one since.............what time is it again snigger

_________________
Tony
avatar
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1409
Joined : 2015-05-16
Member Age : 69
Location : West of Scotland
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Gromit on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks Tony.

I Googled it, but spelled it wrongly first time - hence the confusion!!

The time . . . it's about half past Ardbeg!  Whistle1

_________________
Dave [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Gromit
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 5021
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 75
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by dbroada on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:27 am

At least he has built it (I notice he hasn't shown how you get into bed) unlike the computer generated film of a self erecting home so favoured on Facebook.

_________________
Dave

avatar
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1865
Joined : 2015-10-25
Member Age : 64
Location : Surrey
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by ccxmuk on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:41 pm

A friend at work has purchaed something similar, but more useful design - forms bench seats and has a table, plus blackout blinds tailored for the Ford Tourneo that he bought specificaly to put this in (cart before horse?) He is a Munro-bagger and this is an ideal setup for remote overnight stays. Wouldnt want to spend more than a night in it though...
Factory is in Carnarveron
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Cameron
avatar
ccxmuk
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 11
Joined : 2018-03-21
Location : Ayrshire
Auto-Sleeper : Northants
Vehicle Year : 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Gromit on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:56 pm

What's a Munro-bagger??  scratch head

_________________
Dave [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Gromit
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 5021
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 75
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by boxerman on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Gromit wrote:What's a Munro-bagger??  scratch head
Seriously? you don't know? your taking p*ss right?

Frank
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 4279
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 71
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Gromit on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:11 pm

No. I'm one of the world's few remaining innocents Frank.
I suspect it's something my mother wouldn't have understood either!!  rolleyes


Oh - Mr Google knows. It wasn't naughty after all. I thought he would blush if I asked him!  Whistle1  

By a huge coincidence I was just looking at a long route recommendation for the West Coast that some very kind person sent me over a year ago.  smile!  I plotted it all onto Autoroute, but wasn't able to go last year, so we plan to do a good bit of it this coming September. It looks to be a cracking route, and mostly off the beaten track as well.

_________________
Dave [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Gromit
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 5021
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 75
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by boxerman on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Gromit wrote:By a huge coincidence I was just looking at a long route recommendation for the West Coast that some very kind person sent me over a year ago.  smile!  I plotted it all onto Autoroute, but wasn't able to go last year, so we plan to do a good bit of it this coming September. It looks to be a cracking route, and mostly off the beaten track as well.

Hope you enjoy it.

Frank
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 4279
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 71
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Gromit on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Thanks Frank. I'm quite certain we will.  up!

_________________
Dave [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Gromit
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 5021
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 75
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Askit on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 pm

ccxmuk wrote:A friend at work has purchaed something similar, but more useful design - forms bench seats and has a table, plus blackout blinds tailored for the Ford Tourneo that he bought specificaly to put this in (cart before horse?) He is a Munro-bagger and this is an ideal setup for remote overnight stays. Wouldnt want to spend more than a night in it though...
Factory is in Carnarveron
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think the concept is good for some. Main drawback is probably the lack of thermal insulation and separate heating system but I guess there are ways of overcoming that.

_________________
Tony
avatar
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1409
Joined : 2015-05-16
Member Age : 69
Location : West of Scotland
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Constan42 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:22 pm

boxerman wrote:I googled it - not impressed.
Might be OK in a land where it never rained, but where is that?

Frank
Mercury
avatar
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 78
Joined : 2018-05-18
Location : Doncaster
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by -mojo- on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:40 pm

ccxmuk wrote:A friend at work has purchaed something similar, but more useful design - forms bench seats and has a table, plus blackout blinds tailored for the Ford Tourneo that he bought specificaly to put this in (cart before horse?) He is a Munro-bagger and this is an ideal setup for remote overnight stays. Wouldnt want to spend more than a night in it though...
Factory is in Carnarveron
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's the one I was trying to remember - we looked at this, combined with a base vehicle the size of a Berlingo before buying the Trooper. Amdro seem much better executed, and they have a wider range of products too. Slidepod is a similar product from another company, and they have been around for quite a while too.
avatar
-mojo-
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 4301
Joined : 2012-08-04
Member Age : 18
Location : Southeast
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Constan42 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 pm

boxerman wrote:
Gromit wrote:What's a Munro-bagger??  scratch head
Seriously? you don't know? your taking p*ss right?

Frank
It was John Kennedy, right ?
avatar
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 78
Joined : 2018-05-18
Location : Doncaster
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Constan42 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Gromit wrote:No. I'm one of the world's few remaining innocents Frank.
I suspect it's something my mother wouldn't have understood either!!  rolleyes


Oh - Mr Google knows. It wasn't naughty after all. I thought he would blush if I asked him!  Whistle1  

By a huge coincidence I was just looking at a long route recommendation for the West Coast that some very kind person sent me over a year ago.  smile!  I plotted it all onto Autoroute, but wasn't able to go last year, so we plan to do a good bit of it this coming September. It looks to be a cracking route, and mostly off the beaten track as well.
Franks the Oracle on here, he knows EVERYTHING. Ask him what the meaning of life is , and he will back with the answer in a Jiffy, he mends things even before there broken. The only man I know who  could rustle up a new 30 year old knackered boxer gearbox in his shed, useing just a spanner and a bent screwdriver
avatar
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 78
Joined : 2018-05-18
Location : Doncaster
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by boxerman on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Constan42 wrote:It was John Kennedy, right ?

Different spelling, and 42 hugegrins

Frank
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 4279
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 71
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Constan42 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 pm

boxerman wrote:
Constan42 wrote:It was John Kennedy, right ?

Different spelling, and 42 hugegrins

Frank

up!
avatar
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 78
Joined : 2018-05-18
Location : Doncaster
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ququq

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum