The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaslow system for Ravenna

4 posters

Go down

Gaslow system for Ravenna Empty Gaslow system for Ravenna

Post by Carole Ellis Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Has anyone had a Gaslow system fitted? Can you offer any advice?
Carole Ellis
Carole Ellis

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Ravenna

Back to top Go down

Gaslow system for Ravenna Empty Re: Gaslow system for Ravenna

Post by Brisey Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:01 pm

We have the Gaslow system fitted to our Ravenna. The first bottle was fitted by an approved installer, the second bottle I fitted myself. It is possible to get 2 x 6kg bottles in the Ravenna's gas locker, unfortunately we found that there was not enough room to fit an automatic change over regulator. We also had a BBQ take off fitted at a show a year or so ago for use with our Cadac. If you want one of these have it fitted at the original installation as it will cost a lot more to have it done later. The filling point is in the nearside skirt just forward of the gas locker. We would not be without a Gaslow system or an underslung tank, it makes life so much easier. No lugging empty tanks about or taking them back to a dealer to change them at exorbitant prices. We have filled our tanks in France, Belgium, Germany and Italy without any problems. The initial expense is quite high, but well worth it in the long run.

Brisey.

PS... If you have a system fitted remember to keep the old Calor bottle, hose and regulator as if you change vans you can fit the Gaslow system in the new one and refit the Calor bottle to the van being sold.
Brisey
Brisey

Male

Back to top Go down

Gaslow system for Ravenna Empty Gaslow system for Ravenna

Post by Carole Ellis Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks for that - we were thinking about having 1 11kg cylinder fitted instead of 2 x 6kgs but aren't sure if it would fit. Did you look at this option when having yours fitted?

Cheers
Carole
Carole Ellis
Carole Ellis

Female

Member Age : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisey Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:20 pm

I as told that the 11kg bottle was too high to fit in the locker. However the style of the Gaslow bottle has changed since then, so it may now be possible.

Brisey.
Brisey
Brisey

Male

Back to top Go down

Gaslow system for Ravenna Empty Gaslow system

Post by murph Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi Carole,
We have had a Gaslow system fitted to our vans for about 8 years, this means that in that time we have never bought a calor cylinder and consequently never had to carry gas cylinders. We have had the system in three different vans as you can take it with you if you buy a new or new to you van, ours being an old cylinder does not have a level gauge to tell us when we are getting low, but we are well used to judging our gas usage. The latest ones have a level gauge and a built in filler so that you do not have to buy a filler in addition to the cylinder, you require only the cylinder and a hose to connect to the regulator. You can fill them at any filling station advertising Autogas,and you pay less than half price for your gas compared to the gas in a Calor cylinder. I would never go back to Calor. In addition you can buy a small book which gives you the location of all the Autogas stations in Britain. If you decide to buy this, buy a new one fairly regularly as Autogas stations do come and go.

Brian
PS some lockers are to small for an 11kg cylinder but we only use 1 6kg as the gaslow system is so much easier to deal with, and this lasts us about 5 days in winter and about 10 days in summer when the Truma gas heater is rarely used. for safety reasons we do not use the gas heater when we are asleep even in winter.

Last edited by murph on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added a PS)
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:49 pm

I have 1 x 11kg GasIt cylnder in the locker of our Windsor

A lower cost option for you Carole have a look at GasIts web site I had a drive over to see before I bought
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down