Here Goes, Holding Breath

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Here Goes, Holding Breath

Post by boxerman on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:39 pm

The problem with the far North is - as far as your interests go, that in summer it doesn't go all that dark at night. I have sat outside reading at midnight in some places. The further North you go - the lighter the nights are.
You need to go in winter content

Frank
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 4190
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 71
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Here Goes, Holding Breath

Post by Constan42 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:21 pm

Your right Frank, as far as taking a telescope out right now up there,would be a waste of time really, from about mid May to the beginning of September would be a bit of a waste of time, not to mention if you had a full moon as well, that would cause extra havoc for a Telescope. Come the Autumn though, would be an awesome site to see. Because of all the light pollution around us, and because of cheap outdoor lighting available today, everybody seems to want to put a spotlight on their houses and gardens,this causes a blanket of light that we cannot see through,people don't realise that the Stars are being slowly taken away from us,we are becoming detached from the very Universe we live in. The Stars belong to everybody, we have forgotton how to look up.
avatar
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 78
Joined : 2018-05-18
Location : Doncaster
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here Goes, Holding Breath

Post by fenderbender on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi, ive had a '97 symphony for a few years now, mines a 2.5 non turbo diesel, fantastic van, have toured Scotland several times, twice during the winter.
Never been stuck and managed some ridiculously steep hills without a problem.
I usually keep speed to around 60 but it will 70+ if needed.
I found when i first got the van i would take far too much stuff with me but now take much less so storage not a problem especially when i travel on my own.
Good luck with your search.

Dave
avatar
fenderbender
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 311
Joined : 2014-07-20
Member Age : 65
Location : west yorkshire
Auto-Sleeper : symphony
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here Goes, Holding Breath

Post by Constan42 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:03 am

fenderbender wrote:Hi, ive had a '97 symphony for a few years now, mines a 2.5 non turbo diesel, fantastic van, have toured Scotland several times, twice during the winter.
Never been stuck and managed some ridiculously steep hills without a problem.
I usually keep speed to around 60 but it will 70+ if needed.
I found when i first got the van i would take far too much stuff with me but now take much less so storage not a problem especially when i travel on my own.
Good luck with your search.

Dave
Any idea what MPG you get out of the 2.5 Diesel Dave. Thats one fine Motorbike, and the Guitars are my favourite .
avatar
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 78
Joined : 2018-05-18
Location : Doncaster
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here Goes, Holding Breath

Post by fenderbender on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:55 am

I get 35 mpg when touring, i usualy keep to just under 60mph, the van seems happier at that speed and runs almost turbine like.
I really need to change my avatar, i no longer have the bike, it was a modified 1200 Harley sportster with a nitrous kit fitted, it was a bit of a handfull and i decided i was pushing my riding abilities a bit so sadly it had to go.
As for the guitars, ive retired now and stopped making them, the old eyesight was struggling with the detailed stuff, i still have quite a collection though.
Happy days now, can't beat getting up on a monday morning and going off in the van somewhere.
Thanks for your interest.

Dave
avatar
fenderbender
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 311
Joined : 2014-07-20
Member Age : 65
Location : west yorkshire
Auto-Sleeper : symphony
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here Goes, Holding Breath

Post by Constan42 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:06 pm

fenderbender wrote:I get 35 mpg when touring, i usualy keep to just under 60mph, the van seems happier at that speed and runs almost turbine like.
I really need to change my avatar, i no longer have the bike, it was a modified 1200 Harley sportster with a nitrous kit fitted, it was a bit of a handfull and i decided i was pushing my riding abilities a bit so sadly it had to go.
As for the guitars, ive retired now and stopped making them, the old eyesight was struggling with the detailed stuff, i still have quite a collection though.
Happy days now, can't beat getting up on a monday morning and going off in the van somewhere.
Thanks for your interest.

Dave
Wow Dave,I did'nt realise you actually made Guitars, I saw recently a Fender Harley Davidson Custom Shop Electric Guitar, absolutely beautiful guitar .If I knew how to post pictures on here, I'd post an image.
    35 mpg sounds good to me, how long have you had the van,and has she been reliable for you, I'm looking for a Symbol or Symphony for my first Van, but some of the prices out there are just scanderlous to me. Why,can somebody tell why Motorhomes are so damn expensive. I want to go private, because I don't want to tip 5 grand into a dealers pocket. I think Winters going to be my best shot at getting one. Meanwhile I'm just going to have to listen and oggle (is that a word, it doesnt look right) at others adventures on here. Scotland I've decided, is going to be one of my first trips I think. I have never been, but for some reason I'm being called there. write a diary Dave,and let us hear about it, I would love to hear your adventures. It sucks being poor smile!
avatar
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 78
Joined : 2018-05-18
Location : Doncaster
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here Goes, Holding Breath

Post by boxerman on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Constan42 wrote: Scotland I've decided, is going to be one of my first trips I think. I have never been, but for some reason I'm being called there.  
Dot and I toured the Highlands and Islands every year for over 30 years - it kept calling us back too  up!

Constan42 wrote: It sucks being poor smile!

If you've got £12k - you're richer than I am content

Frannk
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 4190
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 71
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Here Goes, Holding Breath

Post by Constan42 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:32 pm

boxerman wrote:
Constan42 wrote: Scotland I've decided, is going to be one of my first trips I think. I have never been, but for some reason I'm being called there.  
Dot and I toured the Highlands and Islands every year for over 30 years - it kept calling us back too  up!

Constan42 wrote: It sucks being poor smile!

If you've got £12k - you're richer than I am content

Frannk
avatar
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 78
Joined : 2018-05-18
Location : Doncaster
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here Goes, Holding Breath

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum