Cookies Etc

Go down

Cookies Etc Empty Cookies Etc

Post by Wearsider on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:23 pm

On my android phone most sites require me to confirm my attitude to cookies.

When one of the three options on your site is selected it is not accepted and actioned so does not produce onward progress that allows use the website.

Furthermore adverts have started to appear again as was the case when earlier changes occurred.

It would appear some remedial action is required as I am not encountering similar problems on other sites which are addressing the same cookies issues.
Wearsider

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cookies Etc Empty Re: Cookies Etc

Post by roli on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:54 am

I have just ad a look.  The main browsers here are Google Chrome and Safari and we stay signed in with both and there are no adverts on the 2 main PCs, IPads and iPhones.

I then went in to Microsoft Edge, not signed in to the forum with that and there were adverts and the cookie acceptance bar as you have found.   I accepted and signed in and the ads are gone.

Are the ads still there after you have signed in ?
What browser are you using?
Have you had a Temp Internet files clearout recently - tends to cure quite a few problems.

This is a free forum to users  I suppose the hosting company have to supplement income to what Ed pays somehow so if its non logged in viewer so be it.   
There are a few "paid for forums" and "other types of sites"  that always display ads'

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wearsider on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:40 am

Roli,

I note the tests that you carried out did not include an android phone which I specified in my original posting was where the problem was occurring.

Everything on this device (a Google XL) was previously working perfectly until you introduced the cookies questions.

I also pointed out all the other sites I visit which also address this issue were working without any problems.

Like the original posting I am writing this further one on my desktop computer which is unaffected by the problem I have highlighted.

Having highlighted this matter I will leave it in your hands to try and resolve.

If you cannot find a fix I will just have to revert to using my desktop rather than my phone to access your site.
Wearsider

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:29 am

I'm posting this on my android phone. I never normally sign out but just did so for this test. Without signing in adverts appeared as did the cookie question. Having accepted the cookies, the ads disappear, then signed in and all is normal.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wearsider on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:14 am

Paul,

I am pleased everything is working as it should for you but that is not the case on my phone.

I also reiterate that apart from this problem my phone is working perfectly on every other site or app I use on it.

Although not as convenient as I said in my last post I will just use my desktop to follow this forum.
Wearsider

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Wearsider wrote:Paul,

I am pleased everything is working as it should for you but that is not the case on my phone.

I also reiterate that apart from this problem my phone is working perfectly on every other site or app I use on it.

Although not as convenient as I said in my last post I will just use my desktop to follow this forum.
Just a side step to your issue but I have this loaded on my Android and it's brilliant:

https://blokada.org/index.html

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: