The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crit Air Scheme

+5
JandJ
Liam
dbroada
Gromit
constable
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crit Air Scheme - Page 2 Empty Re: Crit Air Scheme

Post by dbroada Thu May 17, 2018 8:28 pm

I had both my French and German stickers low down on my side, and I am sure one of them is in the position indicated on the supplied documentation. I think the Austrian motorway sticker had to be down there too but I have a Swizz sticker waiting to be put on and that can go nearly anywhere. At least that means they can just be slapped by a border man once he has your money.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Junige36 Sat May 19, 2018 8:56 pm

I have stuck our crit air on a piece of acetate and wedged it down in the centre of the windscreen at the bottom. Can move if necessary hope that will suffice
Junige36
Junige36

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sun May 20, 2018 10:26 am

dbroada wrote:I had both my French and German stickers low down on my side, and I am sure one of them is in the position indicated on the supplied documentation. I think the Austrian motorway sticker had to be down there too but I have a Swizz sticker waiting to be put on and that can go nearly anywhere. At least that means they can just be slapped by a border man once he has your money.
Just come back via Slovenia and Austria .Advised the stickers go top left corner or behind rear view mirror.
It might not be critical. As long as it can be read easily .

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun May 20, 2018 11:20 am

Junige36 wrote:I have stuck our crit air on a piece of acetate and wedged it down in the centre of the windscreen at the bottom. Can move if necessary hope that will suffice
Just beware - the French are very pedantic when it comes to official instructions and bureaucracy - I know, having lived there for 5 years!

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 4:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I've just come across this, I'm in Greece at the moment but will soon be travelling to the Channel Tunnel from the Belgian border, it would appear that from the above map I don't need a vignette. The wording of the rules on the RAC website is somewhat ambiguous. 

Fines of between €68 and €135 (between £59 and £117) are in place for vehicles that don't display an appropriate sticker and/or for those vehicles that are driven in set zones when they shouldn't."

The above sentence implies that all vehicles need a sticker. Can anyone put my mind at rest and confirm that stickers are only needed in the green zones?

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sun May 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi Marko.  I drive through France every year. Just come back. Crit air stickers are for entry to high pollution areas Ie Paris centre.
The zones are being announced but I have never met anyone that has seen enforcement.
They only apply in working hours anyway. Weekends are ok as well as evenings.
Enforcement i understand is by a policeman observing you in a zone ,maybe only parked in a zone.Not by cameras.
 regards

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2018 7:09 am

Thanks for that Micky.
Anonymous