Fiamma Zip room

Go down

Fiamma Zip room

Post by scarletnana on Tue May 01, 2018 11:29 am

Hello

My Autosleeper Trident LE came to me with many completely unused accessories, which had clearly been piled into the vehicle by the first owner, who worked for a Motorhome sales company, and who hung onto the vehicle without taking it anywhere much for 10 years. One of the larger items is the room sides, poles etc., to attach to the Fiamma Zip awning. It has clearly never been used, although, having been stored for 10 years it did need a good clean and the curtains, although intact, I decided to throw away due to the black mould, and the fact that new ones can be bought quite cheaply. I am never going to use this awning as I am unlikely to stay in one place for long enough, consequently I would like to advertise it for sale........Can anyone advise me please as to which are the most important pieces of info I need to provide to potential purchasers - it is quite a heavy item, currently packed away safely in the dry attic and I will need to enlist help to get it out...........?

Thank you.
scarletnana

Female

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Trident LE
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fiamma Zip room

Post by BobK on Tue May 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi…   like you, I have a Fiamma awning … mine is the “Privacy Room” but the basics are the same.    We purchased it with our first van and used it several times when abroad and on site for a few days.   It takes a bit of labourious work to erect and peg down,  in fact I found a small set of steps invaluable when erecting it.   Having been a tent person for years, this was a downside.   It did however, on site,  greatly increase our living space.  
  Firstly … Fiamma f45 is a model term  …   don’t assume it is 4.5 metres long.   Measure your cassette awning to get the correct length.    Measure the vertical distance from ground to the awning cassette. …..   this will give you the longer height of the side panels of your awning (the edge nearest to the van).     This is important as the height spec comes in two or three different measurements,  depending of your particular vehicle.  The front vertical height of the side panels does not matter because the outer height of the awning when extended can be adjusted to suit….; this will be dictated by the vertical height of the front panel.  

Hope this helps…. Regards  Bob
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cim on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Hello is the side  panels still for sall.ii have a kemerton .just got it so new to this.will it fit my van. thanks
cim

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum