The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travellers in Redbridge P&R Oxford

+6
rose49f
Gromit
mam0809
daisy mae
MIKE L
Quilter
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Travellers in Redbridge P&R Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Travellers in Redbridge P&R Oxford

Post by Gromit Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:13 am

Yes. Sums it up nicely.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Travellers in Redbridge P&R Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Travellers in Redbridge P&R Oxford

Post by mam0809 Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:37 pm

Quilter -My comment was very tongue in cheek as I have seen the devastation these 'travellers' can cause - luckily on the IOM we see very little evidence as there are strict controls on bringing caravans over on the boats -you need a permit before boarding and they are really hard to come by, thank goodness!

I have however seen the old washing machines, TVs, fridges and rubbish including bags of human faeces left behind when up and leave the sites In Ireland ( my MIL was Irish so we used to go three times a year) - not pleasant.
Hope they get shifted soon  frustrating

Nina.
mam0809
mam0809
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : executive
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunbeampizza Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:45 am

The grievances expressed here are shared by the vast majority of people in the UK and if the government cracks down then it would surely result in the ballot box to a degree. Are they blind or something ?  We are too ineffectual and the police are not supportive whether because of lack of personnel or fear of these obnoxious travellers. My solution - get the d?????s to camp on Parliament Square or outside Theresa's house.
Sunbeampizza
Sunbeampizza

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Apparently 'travellers' enjoy the status of an ethnic group in this country, even when they're in static housing communities! This gives them 'rights'.
Does this mean that when we're travelling in our vans we can claim this status and park up wherever we want with impunity? 
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:42 pm

Sadly our own official motorhome overnighting place beside the Thames is now closed, and has even been removed from the Camperstop app, because of the council fear that the travellers will return.  Figures of £10,000 + have been quoted for clearing up the mess left at Redbridge and other places they stopped at in the county. 

I wrote to the council to ask if I could do as Al suggests and move into the P&R for a few days with our van  but am still waiting for a reply. I’d not be stretching the truth to self-declare as a traveller, with a small ”t”.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2