The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whale System

+2
dbroada
Norwich Lass
6 posters

Go down

Whale System Empty Whale System

Post by Norwich Lass Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:58 am

censored! We are setting off in our new Bourton for the second time but still having issues with this water system . It refuses to fill ! Goes from 75 per cent to zero etc  any tips ? 
Newbie ( agitated ! )
Norwich Lass
Norwich Lass

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Whale System Empty Re: Whale System

Post by dbroada Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 am

is the tank filling and being reported wrong or has the whole system shut down?

I liked my whale system for unattended filling but more often than not just used the hose to fill the tank. Do you have that option?

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Norwich Lass Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm

IT was reporting wrong but now on site seems to be working well
Norwich Lass
Norwich Lass

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Hopefully the gauges are more reliable by now but mine would only report correct water levels vary infrequently and I never relied on them. Fortunately the whale attachment appeared to fill correctly and I emptied the grey tank whenever we moved site - provided I had the time to wait.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)

Back to top Go down

Post by Norwich Lass Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Fingers crossed ! Thank you !
Norwich Lass
Norwich Lass

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by hferguson Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi there, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team if you experience any future loss in performance and they will do all they can to help you. Tel: 02891 270531 or 08452172933 or you can email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].  Best wishes, Hayley, Marketing Executive at Whale.

Last edited by hferguson on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
hferguson
hferguson

Female

Member Age : 37
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:07 pm

hferguson wrote:Hi there, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team if you experience any future loss in performance and they will do all they can to help you. Tel: 02891 270531 or 08452172933 or you can email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].  Best wishes, Hayley

Thanks Hayley, we appreciate your offer.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:26 am

On our Bourton the tank  level  indicator reported a minimum of 50% even when empty. Some of the sensors are in the top tank under the offside bunk and some on the tank underneath. Our dealer checked out the ones underneath and the wiring back to where all of the sensors meet. They also added some protection to the sensor connections as they are pretty exposed just in front of the rear wheel. All seems fine now and working as expected.

A couple of observations - the sensors seem  to give the best indication if the vehicle is level and secondly, I believe the reading means 'at least' i.e. 50% means at least 50% full - could be 74%, not enough to make 75% show. It figures that 100% will disappear quickly as you start using water unless you have the Whale connected.

Our Whale to the tap connector has worked fine - not sure if it works on pressure from the system or tank level indication (can anyone confirm?) which could be the cause of some issues if that is where the problem lays. We were on a full service site with fresh and grey water connections to check out the shower etc on our 'shakedown' trip - all OK.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 am

LDPD wrote:On our Bourton the tank  level  indicator reported a minimum of 50% even when empty. Some of the sensors are in the top tank under the offside bunk and some on the tank underneath. Our dealer checked out the ones underneath and the wiring back to where all of the sensors meet. They also added some protection to the sensor connections as they are pretty exposed just in front of the rear wheel. All seems fine now and working as expected.

A couple of observations - the sensors seem  to give the best indication if the vehicle is level and secondly, I believe the reading means 'at least' i.e. 50% means at least 50% full - could be 74%, not enough to make 75% show. It figures that 100% will disappear quickly as you start using water unless you have the Whale connected.

Our Whale to the tap connector has worked fine - not sure if it works on pressure from the system or tank level indication (can anyone confirm?) which could be the cause of some issues if that is where the problem lays. We were on a full service site with fresh and grey water connections to check out the shower etc on our 'shakedown' trip - all OK.

The water level indication is part of the Sargent electrical installation and is not connected to either of the two Whale systems (one system for tank fill and a second system to pump from the tank to the taps). You are correct in your observation that the level reading means 'at least'.

On the whale water fill system, there is an electrically operate solenoid valve just inside from the Whale water fill point. On the Burton, the valve is operated by a float in the fresh water tank via a relay located behind the EC500 unit.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:40 am

Peter Brown wrote:
On the whale water fill system, there is an electrically operate solenoid valve just inside from the Whale water fill point.  On the Burton, the valve is operated by a float in the fresh water tank via a relay located behind the EC500 unit.
Knew about the valve - just didn't know how it was triggered. Thanks for the explanation! Learning something new every day at the moment.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Norwich Lass Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 am

Thank you everyone - very helpful - we are getting there !
Norwich Lass
Norwich Lass

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:54 am

Hi LDPD

If you can be bothered (you'll need to do it only once) fill up your fresh water tank from empty using the watering can and note how much it takes until the gauge shows 25% . . . 50% . . .etc.

Make a note and stick it inside a cupboard door, then you will have a pretty accurate idea of at least how much water you actually have left.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Gromit wrote:Hi LDPD

If you can be bothered (you'll need to do it only once) fill up your fresh water tank from empty using the watering can and note how much it takes until the gauge shows 25% . . . 50% . . .etc.

Make a note and stick it inside a cupboard door, then you will have a pretty accurate idea of at least how much water you actually have left.
Hi Dave,
I like your thinking. I'll save that for a day when I need some distraction!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down