The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquis Northants

+15
Dbvwt
rgermain
PLOUGHLIN
alex2999
Jaytee
Paulmold
Peter Brown
Gromit
burlingtonboaby
merv
groundhog
CC
Maasai Warrior
inspiredron
daisy mae
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Marquis Northants  Empty Marquis Northants

Post by daisy mae Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Has anyone used this branch of Marquis, ? needing a couple of things doing, so need someone that knows what they doing and will do a good job, . or anyone you can recommend,  in the midlands area.

Many thanks,
Margaret
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Marquis Northants  Empty Re: Marquis Northants

Post by inspiredron Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 am

Go down to Willersey!  It's worth the journey.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:00 am

From what I have read on this forum, in my opinion, I would not now trust anyone from the Marquis group. 

As Ron says, go to AS Service Centre at Willersey, or at least discuss your requirements with Mark and get a quote. Although they are not always the cheapest, I have always found Mark has high standards. My views are quite different when it comes to their factory!

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:49 am

Been there many times. see other thread

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:14 pm

Marquis Northants has to be my worst customer satisfaction experience ever... Absolutely shockingly poor management.

Marquis Ipswich were equally as bad although the management were more friendly with an extent of humour... 

I won’t go into further details as it’s well documented elsewhere on the forum.

Marquis as a company absolutely stink as well... they blocked me on twitter because I tweeted about that Lee guy with the disabled daughter who had problems with his Swift Motorhome, this is despite buying a 40k Motorhome from them!! (Never Again) 

Auto-Sleepers should be ashamed that this is their sister company rolleyes

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Thanks for replies, back to drawing board.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:03 pm

Of course it is right to castigate the branches that have failed but sorry you can't slag off a whole group because certain branches of its network have let you down. That is how businesses are ruined.

I have nothing but praise for my local Marquis branch at Plymouth.

Do agree though if I lived nearer Willersey I would have no hesitation about going back there, excellent service. up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by merv Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:47 pm

I've always found Derby Motorhomes (as it's now called) to be fine for jobs on the van. Depends how far you want to travel.
merv

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol Plus
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:53 am

daisy mae wrote:Thanks for replies, back to drawing board.
SMC at Newark get good reviews, no used them 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Thank you very much, will ring for quotes and info.

Best regards,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:34 pm

The quality of service (or otherwise) from Marquis seems to depend very heavily upon the quality of the branch manager.

I'm surprised their top management don't do something about applying universal standards across the group. They must be aware of the complaints about specific branches - there are enough of them!! (Complaints that is!)
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Both Derby MH and SMC are good. SMC have much better workshop facilities and may be a little closer - it depends where in Leicestershire you are.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Thank you,

My experience of phoning SMC this afternoon.

I phoned parts dept. for a price on a newer TV aerial, as I have the flying saucer one with the spike on top, I want the Status 570, had this sort on my Clubman and was very pleased with it,

Parts dept, why do you want to change it, ermmm!! for a better one, reply no it isn`t , my reply, excuse me I know what I want,  thank you, have had one before, result phone put down. not impressed at all, after the good reports on this firm.

Then I phoned SMC Service dept, different attitude altogether, did tell him about the parts dept. didn`t know the name of the person in that dept. He may be having a bad day.

I do get annoyed when men in these places assume a female customer knows nothing and treats them accordingly. I have had this in car places, that is why I get as much info as possible, if in doubt of the knowledge of the seller, ask a question you know is correct and then see their reaction. that will tell you whether he knows his job.  If I get the reaction above, I go elsewhere, as I haven`t faith in the firm. and pay someone else.

Hopefully the service dept. who are ringing me back tomorrow to tell me if they can help.
Thank you for all the help, hopefully my van will be sorted to how I want her soon.
Best wishes,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:02 pm

But women do know nothing Margaret.
Our problem is in admitting that we men know even less!!  lol4

Glad you got it sorted - and you are quite right about the TV aerials. None of 'em are much good, but the flying saucer we had once was about as much use as a fag on a motorbike!  Whistle1

P.S. See Paul's comment below. I should add that we had the saucer a number of years ago before the changeover, and ended up using a small internal aerial as it was next to useless. I never had it checked for faults, and assumed it had been correctly installed (??) so it may have been a one off?

Last edited by Gromit on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information.)
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:09 pm

I have to disagree. We had a saucer on our Symphony and during digital changeover it was useless but once the changeover was complete and full power restored to transmitters, it was as good as any and no need to swivel it round or go outside to see where everyone else had theirs pointing, only to find them pointing in every which way. The Teleco omnidirectional we have now on the Sussex seems pretty good.    goneoff

Last edited by Paulmold on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Funny how we all get different experiences from different Marquis outlets. Marquis Durham fitted roof bars and two weeks later I had water pouring out of the ceiling lights. Took to Marquis Sheffield for repair and found they had sheared off SS bolts and replaced them with cheap commercial which rusted, left one out altogether and both rear sealing caps. Marquis Tewkesbury brilliant front end but workshops broke a perfectly good roof vent winding mechanism during a service, said they 'found it broken' and replaced (fortunately  was still under warranty) and when I next cleaned out the vent found they had left out five of the retaining screws and hadn't adjusted the handle correctly. Three out of three, so wont use any Marquis workshops.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:03 pm

groundhog wrote:Of course it is right to castigate the branches that have failed but sorry you can't slag off a whole group because certain branches of its network have let you down. That is how businesses are ruined.

I have nothing but praise for my local Marquis branch at Plymouth.

Do agree though if I lived nearer Willersey I would have no hesitation about going back there, excellent service. up!

Sorry Groundhog but I can slag off a whole group if I wish... 

Yes, my experience was of two branches but I also took my complaint higher to Marquis head office who didn’t even acknowledge my complaint and just referred me back to the branch I had issues with... also complaints to both Mike Crouch & Geof Scott at Auto-Sleepers both went unanswered as well... So I think I’m well within my rights to speak as I find, Marquis are a disgustingly poor outfit, regardless of my experience there are plenty of others who feel the same way, they even made headline news in the national newspapers for god sake! What more evidence do you need? 

** Businesses are ruined by not caring about their customers ** not by TRUE customer experiences being posted on a forum, what would you prefer that I claim how marvellous they are when they aren’t? scratch head

I’m glad to hear that Marquis Plymouth came up Trumps for you, obviously not every customer gets to experience the abysmal service I’ve received - otherwise they wouldn’t remain in business, my evidence is based on my personal experience of dealing with the fore mentioned branches, as well as the lack of interest from Marquis head office, and also my experience of Marquis blocking me on Twitter because I dared to re-tweet a national news paper headline of them failing to stand by a vehicle they sold to a customer with a disabled daughter who they treated absolutely appallingly, which I still think is a great way to treat a customer who’s spent 40k with you! Their loss...

I could go on but there’s little point as there’s many people on this site (more recently) who hate any kind of negativity against Auto-Sleepers or even Marquis it seems... I on the other hand speak as I find shrugg 

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:10 pm

We have the Teleco circular antenna on our Broadway and despite others saying theirs hasn’t worked well because of the high roof sides I can honestly say there’s hardly any places we’ve been in the uk & Europe where we haven’t been able to pick up a signal... 

Daisy mae you’re better off waiting till one of the shows and just getting one fitted there, it’ll be easy to arrange and will probably be cheaper as those people want your money... many dealerships are not interested in such jobs as it’s more aggro than it’s worth for them in all honesty.

Male

Back to top Go down

Marquis Northants  Empty What do you think

Post by alex2999 Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:16 pm

How long should we have to wait for Marquis to begin to resolve the damp issue found on a habitation check carried out October 15th 2018.
The only contact they have made is a reminder this week that my yearly habitation check is due. Which of course was carried out last October. I called them to see what's going on and was told they will call back. GUESS WHAT NOTHING. It seems to me that once you've made your purchase with your hard earned money customer care or service is forgotten.
alex2999
alex2999

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kingham
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:25 pm

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/f36-asof-welcome-section-new-members-please-introduce-yourself-here

Your comments will be more relevant and easier to respond to if you follow forum etiquette and introduce yourself as requested at the link above.

Marquis have a Jekyll and Hyde reputation but better to try and communicate with any service department late morning, mid week.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by alex2999 Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:41 pm

Introducing myself is the least of my concerns with due respect. I AM A CUSTOMER and I deserve service. 
Anyway  my wife and I have paid £52000 for a campervan have paid for a habitation service. Been advised there's an issue and are still waiting for resolution. That's it in a nutshell
alex2999
alex2999

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Welcome. Are you under the impression that this forum is owned and run by Autosleeper? It isn't, it is totally independent of AS.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by alex2999 Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:04 pm

Sorry I wasn't  under that impression. I just want people to know they need to be careful. Dealership choices are important and the best products and be spoilt by poor after service.
We love our van and doubt there's any damp BUT service is customer important when you a "newbie"
alex2999
alex2999

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If you'd joined this forum before buying you would have found lots of threads regarding Marquis after sales service. It seems to vary greatly between branches but even a single branch can vary in reviews from customers. Unfortunately buyers seem to find us after purchase hence my comment about hindsight.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next