Passports

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Passports

Post by bertb on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Well the new one has arrived. Less than 4 days.
The photo has been enhanced by a stipple effect applied to one and a hologram printed over the other.
Seriously, in this age when every government department gets a slagging off for inefficiency it is refreshing to deal with civil servants who seem to know what the real world expects.
I shall pass my appreciation on to the Secretary of State of course.
avatar
bertb
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 354
Joined : 2011-06-28
Member Age : 76
Location : E Midlands
Auto-Sleeper : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by bertb on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:05 pm

I guess I have just expelled myself from the Grumpy Old Men's Club. I only qualify for 2 thirds of the title.
avatar
bertb
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 354
Joined : 2011-06-28
Member Age : 76
Location : E Midlands
Auto-Sleeper : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by Gromit on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:38 pm

bertb wrote:I guess I have just expelled myself from the Grumpy Old Men's Club. I only qualify for 2 thirds of the title.
Too much information here from Grumpy old Bert!!  Whistle1 lol4

_________________
Dave smile!
avatar
Gromit
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 4803
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 75
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by PLOUGHLIN on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Gromit wrote:
bertb wrote:I guess I have just expelled myself from the Grumpy Old Men's Club. I only qualify for 2 thirds of the title.
Too much information here from Grumpy old Bert!!  Whistle1 lol4

Don't you mean Grumpy old Bertha!! ? hugegrins

_________________
Peter L
avatar
PLOUGHLIN
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2451
Joined : 2014-06-24
Member Age : 48
Location : NORTH HERTS
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by Gromit on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:32 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
Gromit wrote:
bertb wrote:I guess I have just expelled myself from the Grumpy Old Men's Club. I only qualify for 2 thirds of the title.
Too much information here from Grumpy old Bert!!  Whistle1 lol4
Don't you mean Grumpy old Bertha!! ? hugegrins
I hope so Peter, but who am I to cast aspersions.  rolleyes   hugegrins

_________________
Dave smile!
avatar
Gromit
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 4803
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 75
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by bikeralw on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 pm

bertb wrote:Well the new one has arrived. Less than 4 days.
The photo has been enhanced by a stipple effect applied to one and a hologram printed over the other.
Seriously, in this age when every government department gets a slagging off for inefficiency it is refreshing to deal with civil servants who seem to know what the real world expects.
I shall pass my appreciation on to the Secretary of State of course.
Result. I was also impressed with the efficiency of the department.
My old passport had seven months to run before it expired, but as I was coming to NZ for over three months, I would be left travelling home with a passport valid for less than six months, which is not recommended. 
So I was quite surprised when I noticed my new ten year passport was valid for ten years and seven months. I'd expected to be robbed of the overlap.
Al.
avatar
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1550
Joined : 2013-04-22
Member Age : 67
Location : High Peak & New Zealand.
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by bertb on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Also someone could have paid £103 for a 1-week fast track service and been impressed with the service.
Mine just has 2 months extra added. The family are discussing a trip to France to visit cemeteries so I wanted to be prepared.
avatar
bertb
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 354
Joined : 2011-06-28
Member Age : 76
Location : E Midlands
Auto-Sleeper : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by Dave 418 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:34 am

My daughters boyfriend had photos taken by Max Spielman photo shop in town. As far as I know there was no problem. As for the no glasses rule, coming into Aukland after a sixteen hour flight trying to look at the camera and press a button, I couldnt see the button and I wasnt stood on the line. I had to have my glasses on to read the instructions. It must been a new system because there was a lot of people struggling to get through.

Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 571
Joined : 2012-10-17
Member Age : 63
Location : N/E Lincolnshire
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by bertb on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:45 am

I remember when the 'new' system was introduced at BHX and it was so much slower than the normal queue it was embarrassing. All changed now I guess, not been abroad for at least 15 years.
avatar
bertb
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 354
Joined : 2011-06-28
Member Age : 76
Location : E Midlands
Auto-Sleeper : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by Archer1951 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:55 am

Max Spielmann do digital passport pics in thier shops.
 https://www.maxphoto.co.uk/services/passport-photography
avatar
Archer1951
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 32
Joined : 2016-06-12
Member Age : 66
Location : Crewe,Cheshire.
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by PLOUGHLIN on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Archer1951 wrote:Max Spielmann do digital passport pics in thier shops.
 https://www.maxphoto.co.uk/services/passport-photography

Tesco Photos are Max Spielman run.

_________________
Peter L
avatar
PLOUGHLIN
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2451
Joined : 2014-06-24
Member Age : 48
Location : NORTH HERTS
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by Archer1951 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:02 pm

Their ya go.
avatar
Archer1951
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 32
Joined : 2016-06-12
Member Age : 66
Location : Crewe,Cheshire.
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passports

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum