Never too old.

Go down

Never too old.

Post by bikeralw on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:28 am

I've just read an inspirational article in an NZ motorhome magazine.
A couple from Christchurch NZ started motorhoming back in the sixties and did many tours with their family around New Zealand, and then when they retired, flew to Europe where they bought a van and spent a year touring the entire continent. 
Back home and after a rest they decided to ship their van to Australia and spent another year covering 22,000 kilometres on a clockwise tour of the entire coast.
Now getting on a bit, they bought a holiday home by the coast, but both decided that the trip to and from their holiday home was more enjoyable than the actual time spent there. So they've sold the holiday home and just taken delivery of a brand new coach built van, and in the coming years plan to tour the lesser known parts of NZ.
She's 88 and he's just turned 90 years old!
Al.
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Never too old.

Post by Dare-devil-dennis on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:51 am

There's hope for us all then!
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 am

Well done to that couple. allthumbz

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst and Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003.98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:52 am

We've celebrated many 80th birthdays on ASOC rallies and a couple of years we celebrated a 90th at a rally in the French Alps.

Several years ago I was speaking to a couple on a rally in Italy who were both in their mid 80's (I was mid 50's at the time)and said I was surprised to find so many people still active enough to motorhome into their old age, their response was that maybe it was the motorhoming that kept them still active. They carried on touring Europe til in their mid 90's.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : October 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 pm

How good is that allthumbz. A Landrover friend of mine and his wife shipped their 20 year old Landrover to Africa and spent three months on their own travelling all over and mostly wild camping. Liked it so much they did it a second time. Only in their late 70's but wow, pretty brave. I wish they would write a book as some of the situations they found themselves in inc stuck in mud in the middle of nowhere and oil pump failure in similar situation to name but a few (no mobile phone signals out there) makes your hair stand on end.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down