The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blown Air Modifications

+6
Heanorboy
Spospe
Bad Penny
meanchris
PLOUGHLIN
gemdeco
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blown Air Modifications - Page 2 Empty Re: Blown Air Modifications

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm

That is true, I would have to relocate my lager store, surprisingly cool in those spaces even in summer.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Peter Brown wrote:I did anticipate the problem when ordering my van and had an additional 13A socket installed behind the drivers seat for an electric radiator.

I take Liams point about effectively extending the vent from the wardrobe to the rear of the passenger seat but as well as having to modify the drawer, it would cost valuable space in the compartments at each side of the drawer that could have been made to fit the boxes of 12 Reisiling I get from the Mosel.
Peter,
You could always have the mod in situ only as a seasonal fit - I.e. remove it prior to your Mosel trips!!

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:00 pm

heating systems have to do a decent job when away from EHU, as well as when hooked up.
perhaps the above (removable) mod could be implemented for those times and a leccy radiator (or fan heater) used when on hook up?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Interesting thread, a little confused as after looking at pictures of the Gloucester I now understand where the door outlet is, i.e. above the recessed step.
If there is a recessed step is there therefore not a false floor behind the plastic lining to the recessed step thus allowing a way to the front bench seat

David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by davey Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:10 pm

the Autotrail Dakotas have the heater to the left of the hab door and the settes/bunks on right .Autotrail take the pipes outside and under the floor to reappear in the floor of the bunks at a  tee and then to 2 outlets .I thought a lot of the heat would be lost but I was wrong.This mod could be done DIY or a local moblie service agent

Dave
davey
davey
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by davey Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:12 pm

the Autotrail Dakotas have the heater to the left of the hab door and the settes/bunks on right .Autotrail take the pipes outside and under the floor to reappear in the floor of the bunks at a  tee and then to 2 outlets .I thought a lot of the heat would be lost but I was wrong.This mod could be done DIY or a local moblie service agent

Dave
davey
davey
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Heanorboy wrote:Interesting thread, a little confused as after looking at pictures of the Gloucester I now understand where the door outlet is, i.e. above the recessed step.
If there is a recessed step is there therefore not a false floor behind the plastic lining to the recessed step thus allowing a way to the front bench seat

David

No false floor in the Gloucester/Malvern. Outlet would need to be taken below under the floor as described by davey, but am not sure if the Truma can support 4 outlets anyway.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:12 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
Heanorboy wrote:Interesting thread, a little confused as after looking at pictures of the Gloucester I now understand where the door outlet is, i.e. above the recessed step.

David

No false floor in the Gloucester/Malvern. Outlet would need to be taken below under the floor as described by davey, but am not sure if the Truma can support 4 outlets anyway.
I am sure it should be possible with the use of a Y or a T fitting of one of the existing outlets or hose. The real issue would be the capacity of the fan to serve all of the outlets - but by chocking one - say the bathroom for example - then you should be able get sufficient air/heat down the others.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Having investigated, the ceiling of the wet locker would be a good route to the front.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi Everyone
    Now I have at last picked up my Gloucester and found my memory deceived me and I have an outlet by the door I will have to find ways of getting that heat forward The ral problem is gettting it past the door!!
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 am

Alan, I suggest you live with it a few months before doing any major mods (other than towbar of course)

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2