The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Nuevo EK DAB Radio

+3
-mojo-
Liam
sean17sean
7 posters

Go down

2016 Nuevo EK DAB Radio Empty 2016 Nuevo EK DAB Radio

Post by sean17sean Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:01 pm

I have a Nuevo EK 2016 and the reception on the DAB radio is terrible, I have other vehicles with DAB radios and have no problems, has anyone else had very poor reception with their DAB radio and if so have they found a way to improve it ?
sean17sean
sean17sean

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

2016 Nuevo EK DAB Radio Empty Re: 2016 Nuevo EK DAB Radio

Post by Liam Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Whilst I do not have a Nuevo - I do however have a Malvern in which I fitted a DAB radio and reception was appalling until I scrapped the windscreen DAB aerial and replaced it with a "shark fin" type on the roof in place of the original MB whip aerial. 
It wasn't easy as it required a lot of furniture removing in order to run the cables - all of which I had done at A/S Willersey service centre - they know what they are doing!!
Liam

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:59 pm

First thing to check IMO is that you don't have something plugged in to the van that is generating interference that's blotting out the signal. Typical candidates can be satnav 12V-USB power supplies, dashcam power supplies, cigar lighter USB adaptors and sometimes even replacement LED lights. But - as said above, the most probable candidate after that is a poor aerial (or, possibly, an amplified aerial which has lost 12V power to its amplifier).
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by sean17sean Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:08 pm

it was factory fitted from new, but i am using a Avtex 770 sat nav so i shall start by removing that and go for a process of elimination, then try the aerial, we only bought the van from an Autosleeper dealer three weeks ago so i could take it back but don't want to keep bothering them.
sean17sean
sean17sean

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:21 pm

sean17sean wrote:it was factory fitted from new, but i am using a Avtex 770 sat nav so i shall start by removing that and go for a process of elimination, then try the aerial, we only bought the van from an Autosleeper dealer three weeks ago so i could take it back but don't want to keep bothering them.
There was an issue some time ago with bad aerial reception (I think it was mainly MB chassises) as a result of poor connections being made at the build stage - it may or may not be the same issue for you. 
I would not hesitate in taking it back to the dealer - after all you have paid a substantial sum of monies to them in the first place and if its not satisfactory then it is up to the supplier to rectify it.
I agree, it would be worth while going through a process of elimination to find the fault but it should be the dealers who fix it, particularly if it involves a major disassemble to get to the problem.
Liam
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:43 pm

I agree 100% with what Liam says. Of course if you do it yourself you'll know what quality of job has been done, whereas at a dealer who knows? Sorry, that does come across as a bit sceptical!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by sean17sean Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:38 am

Thanks for the input everyone, i have to say our dealer (Choose Leisure) are superb so i have no concerns over the quality of their workmanship
sean17sean
sean17sean

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 am

We fitted one of these on recommendation sceptical at first but it has worked perfectly since fitting. Better that all the DAB aerials we tried in our old van.
  [url= [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] splitter[/url]

Last edited by jennyandpeter on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by We Love Hugo Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:32 am

We have a 2016 Nuevo EK and we have had no issues with the DAB radio. The radio is only used however when we are travelling. We find it more convenient to use a portable radio. But it sounds like you have an issue which needs further investigation.
We Love Hugo
We Love Hugo

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol Plus
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by malc45 Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:30 pm

I have known a problem with the reception on a DAB radio in a symbol where the aerial
had been pushed down to follow the profile of the roof. When it was pulled away and 
pointed up to the sky it worked perfectly.
Malc.
malc45
malc45
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Millyfrance Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:29 pm

We also have terrible reception on the Dab radio in our Broadway . Was told by our supplier ( Derby Motorhomes) that any problems were with Peugeut not AS as the aerial is in the wing mirror ??
Millyfrance
Millyfrance
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB

Back to top Go down