satellite purchase.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

satellite purchase.

Post by Bertie2017 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi Has anyone had an Oyster Cytrac systems fitted if so does it work in France ,how well does if perform and what model is the best ?. The roof on my Malvern is very busy and i have been informed today that the Satfi will now not fit. Any information would be helpful .
Bertie2017

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: satellite purchase.

Post by spanner on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:14 pm

We have the Oyster Caro which has a small footprint on the roof, it was fitted in 2013 but removed from a another van so unsure of the age.
The Cytrac is a newer model so probably better ?

I can't remember exactly how far south in europe we receive uk tv reception but we could listen to LBC Radio when in Italy and on our way back from Italy after emerging from the Mont Blanc tunnel we pulled in at the first service area for a break, switched the TV on and within a minute listened to the news on Radio 2  we've found the system excellent and more than happy with ours.

spanner

Male

Member Age : 97
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Duo EL
Vehicle Year : 2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: satellite purchase.

Post by RML on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Have you thought of Motorhome WiFi instead?  I have a fitted and hard wired 4g WiFi router and last night we watched The Apprentice on iPlayer using an iPad here in the south of France with a perfect picture. The system was about a quarter the price of a satellite system and works in most towns and villages. Yes you have to buy a 3 Internet With Legs data card(s), which we have 3of, but there's always a price to pay. Satellite is old hat the internet is the future. Plus you can use your smartphone package abroad to tether to. 
Rich.

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t22545-satellite-or-internet
RML

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum