The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satnav with reversing camera

5 posters

Go down

Satnav with reversing camera Empty Satnav with reversing camera

Post by redcar56 Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:56 pm

We get our new Broadway in March and ordered with the premium pack, which includes the Garmin satnav with wireless reversing camera. Anyone got one of these new setups and are they any good. I tried to change order for a wired one but the MH is almost completed so interconnecting cable would have to be run though cupboards, which we didn’t want, I was surprised for March delivery they have almost finished it.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Satnav with reversing camera Empty Re: Satnav with reversing camera

Post by malc45 Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 pm

We had a garmin satnav with a wireless reversing camera but had it changed by a/s as 
It only works in reverse gear and my wife prefers to see what's behind through the interior mirror when driving forward I must say I prefer it as well. With the two camera on the back you can see directly behind or distance . The wiring went down from the cameras inside and then underneath the motorhome in trunking to the front all very neat no passing through cupboards. We had it changed after we had bought the Symbol M/H though.                                                                                                           Malc.
malc45
malc45
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisP28 Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:43 am

We've got the Garmin set up in our Corinium. The system works OK but the camera is prone to muck on the lens and the display is not much good in bright light conditions. We fitted a number plate camera to our caravan which was bluetoothed to the car display which was clipped to the car mirror. Much better display. We have a rear view mirror fitted in the MOHO. What use is that? Good view of the bedroom door but nothing else. I'd like to fit my old display to the mirror but the receiver doesn't pick up the new signal from the camera. Anybody know where we can get a compatible receiver? I note the display is available from the Sargent website but considerably more expensive than I paid for the whole system from a certain selling site.
ChrisP28
ChrisP28

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium RB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Satnav with reversing camera Empty Stanton / Garmin system

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:00 pm

This works perfectly on our 2017 Stanton. We have the rear view mirror which can see out of the rear kitchen window (+, of course the good door mirrors).

My only criticism is that the standard display is a bit small for me (Garmin 660 Camper supplied). I plugged in my Garmin 770 Camper which I had bought a couple of months ago before buying the Stanton. I was amazed to find that the camera was recognised and works just fine on the larger Sat Nav. The camera input and interface is a wireless part and is a little plastic "pod" in line in the power lead. It is common to both models of sat Nav. Whoopee!, something worked first time for a change.

I adjusted the angle of the camera so I can see the bottom edge of the motorhome when reversing.
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Yes, it does get water/muck on it. I plan to make a simple cowl to put over it. I used a cut down yoghurt pot on my last system which worked fine. double sided tape fixed it in place in the finest tradition of Blue peter.
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 am

Works fine on our Symbol.  No major issue with muck on the camera so maybe depends on the van and how road muck is thrown up at the back.

The bluetooth system works ok, not as seamless as a wired connection, but I've nothing to complain about really, it works for it's intended use and is a nice addition when you consider you're getting the motorhome dedicated satnav as part of the package.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down