The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GIVING MOTORHOME/CAMPERS A BAD NAME

5 posters

Go down

GIVING MOTORHOME/CAMPERS A BAD NAME Empty GIVING MOTORHOME/CAMPERS A BAD NAME

Post by vwt4 Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:34 pm

had a day out in Whitby today (in the car) walking down to the whale bones passing the car park their was a couple of m/homes parked and one of them was just dumping his grey water all over the car park, no wonder then tha councils are against motorhomes parking up in the car parks, fortunately it was not an Auto-sleeper, not sure of the make but had "Rollerteam" across the back. censored!
mike
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

GIVING MOTORHOME/CAMPERS A BAD NAME Empty Re: GIVING MOTORHOME/CAMPERS A BAD NAME

Post by boxerman Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:26 pm

And if you had tackled him, he would have said that it was only grey water and was harmless, but the general public will be convinced that he's emptying his toilet.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

GIVING MOTORHOME/CAMPERS A BAD NAME Empty Re: GIVING MOTORHOME/CAMPERS A BAD NAME

Post by vwt4 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Frank
yes you are probably right but to my mind he could have waited until he was "A" back at home or "B" back at his campsite which is what I would do, or maybe I think about things too much instead.
mike
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:19 am

Can't understand why campers would dump grey water like that, seen it a few times in the past shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:18 am

Robbie wrote:Can't understand why campers would dump grey water like that, seen it a few times in the past shrugg

I always wait until it's raining and then drive down the motorway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugegrins

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:32 am

peugeotboxer wrote:

I always wait until it's raining and then drive down the motorway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugegrins

PB

Yea seen that as well, for the life of me if they need to get rid of grey water off site or away from home, why don't the just park over a drain in the road / car park and drop the flexi pipe down into it and dump the contents of the tank. Plus do it at night or when no one is watching allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

GIVING MOTORHOME/CAMPERS A BAD NAME Empty giving motorhomers a bad name

Post by murph Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 am

Hi All,
I agree about dumping your grey water sensibly, leaving the tap dripping on the road is I believe actually illegal, though I cant see why on a rainy day, dumping it down a road drain is also supposed to be illegal but I cant see why this should be either, or is it the 2 big clubs complaining so that you have to use sites. One thing I would not do is dump it on the promenade/esplanade at any seaside resort as many of thes drains designed for rain water simply empty onto the beach, If you have to dump in a car park do it when no one is about and over the nearest drain. I have fitted an extra drain to our grey tank on the passenger side to which I can fit a 4 metre flexible pipe for ease of dumping safely and discretly. Finally there was a photo published in MMM several years ago sent in by a council worker of the back end of a motorhome with a brown mess on the road (seaside promenade) where the toilet had been dumped. Absolutly disgusting.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down