Interior lights problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interior lights problem

Post by MPC44 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi I have a AS Nuevo 04 I have a problem with interior lights. The lights turn off after about 10mins.They remain off for about 5mins and then come back on again without me touching the main switch. Fuses seem ok. I have had a solar panel fitted in the last 6 months.Would that have anything to do with the problem. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.   Thank you.
MPC44

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interior lights problem

Post by Paulmold on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:44 pm

I have solar panel and no such problem but it could have been wired differently. Do all lights do the same or just one or two?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MPC44 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi thanks for your quick reply. All the lights went off.After the first time I thought it might have been a new tube I fitted to one of the lights so I just had two lights on. They remained on for longer but they also switched off .The strange thing is as I say if I don't go near the switch they come on again and switch off 10 mins or so later. When hooked up no loss of power to fridge and plugs. Just the lights in the van.?
MPC44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Sounds like something is getting hot, shutting down and then coming back on once cooled down, then repeats.

Do you hear a click when they go off?

What setting do you have the battery switch set to, is it on Hab so that EHU charge is going to the leisure circuit?

Does it do it if not on EHU?  Did it start the issue after the solar install?
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:50 pm

What's the leisure battery voltage? Later power control systems will power off the habitation 12V side if the leisure battery drops below a threshold voltage (and the voltage is likely to recover once it is turned off) - I don't know if this is true of yours as I don't know what control panel you have.
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 18
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MPC44 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Greyhound wrote:Sounds like something is getting hot, shutting down and then coming back on once cooled down, then repeats.

Do you hear a click when they go off?

What setting do you have the battery switch set to, is it on Hab so that EHU charge is going to the leisure circuit?

Does it do it if not on EHU?  Did it start the issue after the solar install?
Hi, did not hear a click. Had the switch to Hab when this happened. Changed it to vehicle but it still did it. We had no problems with the lights even after the solar panel was fitted about 6 months ago. But we were not using the lights as much during summer. Could be as you say something is overheating. Maybe?
MPC44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MPC44 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 pm

-mojo- wrote:What's the leisure battery voltage? Later power control systems will power off the habitation 12V side if the leisure battery drops below a threshold voltage (and the voltage is likely to recover once it is turned off) - I don't know if this is true of yours as I don't know what control panel you have.
Hi, looking at the control panel the leisure battery shows nearly fully charged. The control panel is a Plug -in - Systems unit.
MPC44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum