The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maiden voyage in the Broadway

+13
Maasai Warrior
Molly3
Gromit
safariboy
Quilter
harrysp
jennyandpeter
Kingham
Paramedic
meanchris
Paulmold
inspiredron
big'nuf
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Maiden voyage in the Broadway  Empty Maiden voyage in the Broadway

Post by big'nuf Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Having changed from the 2013 Mercedes Stanton to the 2015 Peugeot Broadway we have just returned from our first weekend away in it...here are our views, opinions and minor issues.
A massive improvement on driving and handling, steadier on the road, more responsive and a lot better on fuel...just a few of the positive things we noticed.
Ok the automatic was nice, but the manual is no problem either.
Obviously the bathroom is the great advantage, great size and well equipped...loved it. 
The bed is 4 inches narrower than the Stanton - didn't even notice the difference really.
TV storage is a great idea, neatly tucked away.
Well equipped and generally good quality fittings as usual with A/S.
Heating system is much improved - no issues and works brilliantly.

A few minor issues and observations...
The sink doesn't drain very well...I know they are slow but this is ridiculous....we noticed the issue may be the outlet pipe runs at 90 degrees under the sink and has no fall on it...will look into improving and altering this. (any ideas?).
Cigarette lighter socket doesn't work, anyone know where the fuse might be?

Large window above the cab rattles when going along, closed tightly....need to look into this, flipping annoying.

Desperately need another armrest on the driver seat, anyone know if we can procure another and retro fit it?...any ideas? 

Heres a funny one - the TV loses signal and goes blank when the microwave oven is being used...once it dings, the TV comes on again?...anyone experienced this? (no real big issue).

We fitted side window wind-deflectors but notice now they block out too much of the view leaving a very limited view to the side - due to being dark tinted...I am thinking of cutting them down as I cannot find any clear ones...Any ideas?...and no I am not removing them as we like to leave the windows cracked a little to allow the fresh air to flow...lol

Our friends tell us when we stop our one front fog light comes on and when we pull away it goes off?....they says their's do exactly the same thing (also a Broadway)....Anyone else notice this and if so maybe shed some light on it for us?....

We bought the van privately from a chap who bought it new. It has done just 5000 miles and is not three years old yet. Would anyone know if the van is still covered under warranty at A/S as the gent told us it was not transferable....our friends seem to think it should still be under A/S warranty?......

Thats it really....the Broadway suits our needs down to the ground and is an excellent van and in our humble opinion much nicer to drive than the Mercedes.
This is our seventh van in just 10 years and probably the final one. I could say lots of nice things about both vans, but very few negative things about the Broadway...
Thanks for listening lol...
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton and Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2013/201

Back to top Go down

Maiden voyage in the Broadway  Empty Re: Maiden voyage in the Broadway

Post by inspiredron Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:14 am

You cannot have second arm rest if you have lumbar adjustment knob. I use the door ledge if I need support. Fuse for dash cigarette sockets covered in Peugeot manual -  the ones for the TV sockets is on the charger in the wardrobe -see A/S manual for which one - it is 10A.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:31 am

big'nuf wrote:
We bought the van privately from a chap who bought it new. It has done just 5000 miles and is not three years old yet. Would anyone know if the van is still covered under warranty at A/S as the gent told us it was not transferable....our friends seem to think it should still be under A/S warranty
Warranty is transferrable, provided there is anything left. I don't know if your van had a 2 or 3 year warranty from new. Cost to transfer is usually £100, provided conditions have been met, i.e. Servicing. Contact A/S 
direct they will be able to tell you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:03 am

Thanks fellas...will contact AS...and read the manual lol
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:34 am

The Broadway is on our shortlist to swop the Nuevo for. Which model did you get and what length is it? We are limited to 6.3m and want two full length settees.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 am

"Heres a funny one - the TV loses signal and goes blank when the microwave oven is being used...once it dings, the TV comes on again?...anyone experienced this? (no real big issue)."

More info needed.

It could be one of two reasons.
The (high power) microwave energy is being transmitted down the supply cables, or it's being radiated and picked up by the 230V or 12V wiring.
Is the TV using an aerial (if so, where, inside or outside), or is it using a satellite dish, (if satellite, even the small amount of leakage from a domestic microwave can be enough to swamp the satellite signal)?

1. Interference from the microwaves being carried down the 230V supply and upsetting the TV power supply
Obviously the microwave is running on 230V, is the TV running on its 230V adapter or the 12V adapter?

2. Interference from the microwaves being radiated and disrupting the incoming TV signal, either because the signal is weak to start with, (is the amplifier switched on), or because the microwaves are upsetting the signal amplifier power supply.

It's a remote chance, but I might try plugging a different microwave into the same socket as the current one.
If the problem disappears, don't use the old one any more until someone competent checks it, it might have a microwave energy leakage problem.

meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 am

big'nuf wrote:
The sink doesn't drain very well..

Large window above the cab rattles when going along, closed tightly....need to look into this, flipping annoying.

Heres a funny one - the TV loses signal and goes blank when the microwave oven is being used...once it dings, the TV comes on again?...anyone experienced this? (no real big issue).

Please let us know if you ever discover the cause for the rattle in the above cab window. We have the same problem since acquiring our used van almost two years ago. It's most irksome, more of a metallic sound when hitting a pot hole or rubbish road surface. Thought had found the source (when recently cleaning the roof) being a non tightened nut that secured a small plate on the awning......... but NO!
Similar problem with loss of tv signal, but it's when we switch the LED light on above bathroom mirror as in very close proximity to ariel in adjacent wardrobe. We've identified cause of slow sink drain being pipe ever so slightly running uphill. Just minor issues but the above cab rattle does make one grimace at times.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 am

"Similar problem with loss of tv signal, but it's when we switch the LED light on above bathroom mirror as in very close proximity to ariel in adjacent wardrobe."

Some LEDs have a built-in switched mode regulator, to cope with the range of leisure battery voltages.
The regulator may be causing R.F. noise, in a similar way (but much less power) to a microwave, and swamping the signal.
It's also a common problem with cheap car USB adapters, which can kill the the FM radio signal in your car or van.
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:25 am

meanchris wrote:"Similar problem with loss of tv signal, but it's when we switch the LED light on above bathroom mirror as in very close proximity to ariel in adjacent wardrobe."

Some LEDs have a built-in switched mode regulator, to cope with the range of leisure battery voltages.
The regulator may be causing R.F. noise, in a similar way (but much less power) to a microwave, and swamping the signal.
It's also a common problem with cheap car USB adapters, which can kill the the FM radio signal in your car or van.
Much obliged for your prompt reply. Regards

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:49 am

big'nuf wrote:
Desperately need another armrest on the driver seat, anyone know if we can procure another and retro fit it?...any ideas? 
I am so with you on that one. 

On long motorway journeys it's nice to rest your arm on the rest, yet still be able to hold the wheel. I'm not particularly short in stature, but I can't rest my right arm on the door and still maintain a grip on the wheel with my right hand.

There is a retrofit available, which from memory was about £160 from Dave Newell and you have to forego the lumbar adjustment, as that's where it is mounted. For me, the armrest is more important than the lumbar adjustment, but what stopped me going ahead was the fact that the new armrest didn't match the original scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 am

I have seen others take the arm rest off the passenger seat, this also makes more room moving between the seats.
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Paulmold wrote:The Broadway is on our shortlist to swop the Nuevo for. Which model did you get and what length is it? We are limited to 6.3m and want two full length settees.
It is the Broadway EB at 6.3m (Hardly notice the extra 0.3m)
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:33 pm

meanchris wrote:"Heres a funny one - the TV loses signal and goes blank when the microwave oven is being used...once it dings, the TV comes on again?...anyone experienced this? (no real big issue)."

More info needed.

It could be one of two reasons.
The (high power) microwave energy is being transmitted down the supply cables, or it's being radiated and picked up by the 230V or 12V wiring.
Is the TV using an aerial (if so, where, inside or outside), or is it using a satellite dish, (if satellite, even the small amount of leakage from a domestic microwave can be enough to swamp the satellite signal)?

1. Interference from the microwaves being carried down the 230V supply and upsetting the TV power supply
Obviously the microwave is running on 230V, is the TV running on its 230V adapter or the 12V adapter?

2. Interference from the microwaves being radiated and disrupting the incoming TV signal, either because the signal is weak to start with, (is the amplifier switched on), or because the microwaves are upsetting the signal amplifier power supply.

It's a remote chance, but I might try plugging a different microwave into the same socket as the current one.
If the problem disappears, don't use the old one any more until someone competent checks it, it might have a microwave energy leakage problem.

The TV is running from 12v,
It was using the digital aerial, mounted at rear o/s corner of van, on the roof.
The little white power box is in the locker above the TV about a 1.5 metres away...
(Havent tried it using the sat yet...)

Its no big issue really - just thought it was odd
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Paramedic wrote:
big'nuf wrote:
The sink doesn't drain very well..

Please let us know if you ever discover the cause for the rattle in the above cab window. We have the same problem since acquiring our used van almost two years ago. It's most irksome, more of a metallic sound when hitting a pot hole or rubbish road surface. Thought had found the source (when recently cleaning the roof) being a non tightened nut that secured a small plate on the awning......... but NO!
Similar problem with loss of tv signal, but it's when we switch the LED light on above bathroom mirror as in very close proximity to ariel in adjacent wardrobe. We've identified cause of slow sink drain being pipe ever so slightly running uphill. Just minor issues but the above cab rattle does make one grimace at times.

The rattle is constant as we drive along. The rattle definitely comes from the window above...not the frame around it or the plastic catches/locks.....If i push up on the window my side, it stops...
I have opened it and checked, and it seals on rubber all the way round.
I closed it and now it rattles from the other side...I will investigate further later.
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:39 pm

big'nuf wrote:
Paulmold wrote:The Broadway is on our shortlist to swop the Nuevo for. Which model did you get and what length is it? We are limited to 6.3m and want two full length settees.

Am I right thinking the EB needs to use the front seats swivelled round to form single beds?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Wargenwolf wrote:
big'nuf wrote:
I am so with you on that one. 

On long motorway journeys it's nice to rest your arm on the rest, yet still be able to hold the wheel. I'm not particularly short in stature, but I can't rest my right arm on the door and still maintain a grip on the wheel with my right hand.

There is a retrofit available, which from memory was about £160 from Dave Newell and you have to forego the lumbar adjustment, as that's where it is mounted. For me, the armrest is more important than the lumbar adjustment, but what stopped me going ahead was the fact that the new armrest didn't match the original scratch head

I agree totally, I will keep looking for one, or as suggested remove the passenger one when the wifes not looking lol
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:40 pm

jennyandpeter wrote:I have seen others take the arm rest off the passenger seat, this also makes more room moving between the seats.

I did suggest that, but wifey wasn't a fan....at all!..lol
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Paulmold wrote:
big'nuf wrote:

Am I right thinking the EB needs to use the front seats swivelled round to form single beds?
Yes you have to spin the seats...easy thogh
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Paulmold wrote:
big'nuf wrote:

You are right indeed. Having had to swivel the seats to use single beds in our previous van, we decided on the EK model as we wanted to avoid this. The beds are, if I recall correctly, 6' and 6'3" as two singles. Otherwise we really liked the EB, which is the same length as the EK. 

H
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks Harrysp. We have to spin seats round in our Nuevo, the passenger side is not a problem but the drivers side is a bit of a pain as you have to wind the seat back up so that it passes the steering wheel and shunt the seat back and forth until facing backwards. This may not be the case on a 2 berth Nuevo but ours is an ES and I'd just like to be able to crash out on a bed without the hassle. So it's an EK version we need. Unfortunately they seem in short supply around here, plenty of EB and FB (longer at 6.7m).

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Paulmold wrote:Thanks Harrysp. We have to spin seats round in our Nuevo, the passenger side is not a problem but the drivers side is a bit of a pain as you have to wind the seat back up so that it passes the steering wheel and shunt the seat back and forth until facing backwards. This may not be the case on a 2 berth Nuevo but ours is an ES and I'd just like to be able to crash out on a bed without the hassle. So it's an EK version we need. Unfortunately they seem in short supply around here, plenty of EB and FB (longer at 6.7m).

Fair one - your choice.

incidentally,
EB, Both beds are 6ft 4 (with seats swivelled).
EB is 63220 in length, same as the EK
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:51 pm

big'nuf wrote:EB, Both beds are 6ft 4 (with seats swivelled).
EB is 63220 in length, same as the EK

Do be aware that the 2 bed bases in the EK are not exactly the same width either. There is not much in it and it makes no difference to comfort when sleeping but, in our case, it meant that we could not store our identical Lafuma chairs under the beds when travelling. One fitted perfectly, the other ( driver's side) is slightly too wide to go in.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 pm

I'm not a fan of the swingwall so would prefer the EB for the washroom but really want the long settees so it has to be the EK if we can find one at right price and nearby(ish).

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by safariboy Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 pm

The cigarette socket fuse on our van blow several times with a certain combination of plugs and sockets.  Now we know there has been no problem.  I have got rid of the offending plug.
There is no clear standard for these plugs which originally were used in pairs one socket and the matching lighter capsule.
safariboy
safariboy

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 am

Paulmold wrote: . . .you have to wind the seat back up so that it passes the steering wheel and shunt the seat back and forth until facing backwards. This may not be the case on a 2 berth Nuevo . . .
It is Paul.  uncertain
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next