Protec Tailored Winter Cover for 6 Metre Van

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Protec Tailored Winter Cover for 6 Metre Van

Post by HowieT on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Hello All,

I have a British made Protec cover for sale. They build their covers from a heavy duty material that's breathable and non-scratch -  it's the same specification that they use for heleicopter covers! It's a tailored fit, so there's no baggy folds of material to work around or secure. Adjustable webbing straps hold everything in place and it's never shifted in high winds. There's space for a Fiamma folding bike carrier if fitted.

I bought this cover new for my Warwick Duo van however it should fit most X250/X290 6 metre vans in the Auto-Sleepers Peugeot / Fiat range from 2006 to the present. This is not an ebay 'cheapie' and has proected my van well in the grotty months. I liked it so much I asked Protec to extend this cover to fit my new Warwick XL however that doesn't appear to be possible as they're all made to measure.

I didn't hessitate to buy another as they're the best that's out there in my opinion.

The cover comes complete with storage bag and two telescopic poles to lift and 'walk' the cover over the van. There's a neat door in the cover that allows access through the sliding side door without disturbing the rest of the cover.

I'm based near High Wycombe if buyers would like to inspect or collect. Postage might be an option, however please bear in mind that these are sustantial covers and quiet chunky even when folded.

No tears or damage that I'm aware of.

Best offer over £100 secures
HowieT

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Protec Tailored Winter Cover for 6 Metre Van

Post by MrsGrey on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi Howie,
Do you still have this? If so, it looks to me as though this would fit my Ford Transit Duetto, since the Pro-Tec covers seems to go by shape and size, not by specific model. The Duetto is a bit shorter than the Warwick at 5.5m. Do you know if your cover was their 18-19ft, or the 19-20ft?
Also is it the 'easy-fit' version, and is it made for retractable mirrors? Sorry for all the questions -- I'm just going done their list of options!
Thanks,
Jinny
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowieT on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi Jinny, apologies for the delay in replying. I haven’t had a chance to get onto the forum for a while. 

Yes the cover is still for sale.

When I bought the cover they gave me the impression that it would be tailored for my van (Peugeot X250). However my van is 19.5’ so it could well be the 19-20’ cover that you mention. It comes with two telescopic poles to help lift the cover over the van but doesn’t have the latest easy-fit zipped panels at the rear. At the time they described it as an easy-fit system however the process seems to have changed recently. 

It appears to fit best with mirrors folded on my Boxer van. There are webbing securing straps both across the underside of the body and two running front to back so you can pull it securely into shape 

Hope this helps

Regards Howard
HowieT

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HowieT on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Now Sold