Warwick Duo rear table mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Warwick Duo rear table mod

Post by IanH on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Latest mod it to the rear table on our Duo. Already modified as per Nimbus and jennyandpeter to sit vertically when stowed.

The free standing table is fine but a bit of a fad to get out just for a quick lunch, the rear table is just too small also. So, bought a new table top from AS, v quick, thanks AS and DPD.
This pic shows it stowed, held up by an elastic

This pic shows it in coffee table mode

This pic shows it deployed and its leg in place.

Used a spare bit of piano hinge left over from the drawer front mod, see earlier post. Leg is a folding walking stick, no longer folding but now in 2 sections which stow in the wardrobe shoe rack.

Now have a usable table for most meals, free standing one in in the bathroom can best be used outside when on a site and the awning in use

If you want to copy this, the top cost circa £55, the leg £7. You need 2 spacers to move the chrome rail fwd by 15mm, made mine out of plastic I had, also the screw attaching its end brackets need to be 15mm longer, other than that not difficult.

Table is fairly steady, certainly steady and strong enough for two lunch plates. The wine glasses and condiments will go fine on the original!!

I'll  make a white bung to hide the leg hole.

drinksallround
IanH

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : DUO
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Warwick Duo rear table mod

Post by rich g on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:49 pm

IanH wrote:Latest mod it to the rear table on our Duo. Already modified as per Nimbus and jennyandpeter to sit vertically when stowed.

The free standing table is fine but a bit of a fad to get out just for a quick lunch, the rear table is just too small also. So, bought a new table top from AS, v quick, thanks AS and DPD.
This pic shows it stowed, held up by an elastic

This pic shows it in coffee table mode

This pic shows it deployed and its leg in place.

Used a spare bit of piano hinge left over from the drawer front mod, see earlier post. Leg is a folding walking stick, no longer folding but now in 2 sections which stow in the wardrobe shoe rack.

Now have a usable table for most meals, free standing one in in the bathroom can best be used outside when on a site and the awning in use

If you want to copy this, the top cost circa £55, the leg £7. You need 2 spacers to move the chrome rail fwd by 15mm, made mine out of plastic I had, also the screw attaching its end brackets need to be 15mm longer, other than that not difficult.

Table is fairly steady, certainly steady and strong enough for two lunch plates. The wine glasses and condiments will go fine on the original!!

I'll  make a white bung to hide the leg hole.

drinksallround
I like the table mod could you tell me where i can buy the top from and also the hinge,i will have a go but not the best at DIY skills.
rich g

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 pm

HI Rich

Bought the top from Autosleepers, with the vehicle build no, its in your glovebox, they even knew its colour etc. Bought a stainless steel piano hinge online. This is not a hugely difficult diy job.

The one bit that is tricky is that you have to make spacers to move the pivot rail fwds by the thickness of the new top. I made mine out of plastic, you'll need 15mm longer screws to refit it.

The leg was a folding walking stick, it is now 2 pieces, stored in the wardrobe, just plugs into a hole in the new top.

Btw you'll also have to space out the bracket the original table top leg sits in.

If in Norfolk, and have the top, I'll do it for you!!! Need one hour, perhaps two!

Bw
I
IanH

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : DUO
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:26 pm

We do not have a rear table on the door , this is the one I made push to lock runners fixed under the wardrobe.
Very useful as instant access.

jennyandpeter

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum