Motorhomedepot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Motorhomedepot

Post by mcubbin on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:52 am

As a warning to everyone considering using these people as brokers and in the off chance that the seller of the Clubman I was interested in (Old Meldrum in Abereenshire) is a member here. 
I emailed the broker asking if I could make an appointment to view the van, as it was a great distance away I tried to arrange on a Sat and Sun that I was travelling in that direction, he took 3 days to answer the email, totally ignoring my request to view, sending a pro forma reply directing me to other photographs, I did not receive the reply until the Saturday morning I hoped to view. I then phoned the broker who told me that he did not have time to show me the van on the Saturday, so I asked how about tomorrow Sunday, he told me he did not work Sundays, what kind of motorhome seller does not work Sundays? So if you go with these people this is the kind of service you can expect.

mcubbin

Male

Auto-Sleeper : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Motorhomedepot

Post by meanchris on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Like estate agents, I guess that they don't do a lot to earn their commission.
meanchris

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:44 pm

We also emailed these guys enquiring about a van we were interested in. They never replied and we weren't all THAT interested so left it at that.
Limey

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:43 pm

No wonder the vans sit on their website for ages!,mccubbin do you have an address in Old Meldrum where the Clubman is located ?
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paul long on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:58 pm

We bought our motor home through this company never again, we did all the work .also the rep got the sack for not doing her job properly.
paul long

Male

Auto-Sleeper : ascot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcubbin on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:09 pm

No I don't have a contact, also i believe that the owner has to sign a contract which states they have to pay the commission, 10%, even if they find a buyer from another source.

mcubbin

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:26 pm

mcubbin wrote:No I don't have a contact, also i believe that the owner has to sign a contract which states they have to pay the commission, 10%, even if they find a buyer from another source.
If you had the address I could have called in this morning to check it out for you.   shrugg  We passed right through Old Meldrum.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcubbin on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:35 pm

Thanks for the offer, but I have no idea where it is, it is a good idea though. I was in a car owners club a few years ago and they had a thing where you could add your name to a list where other members could ask you if you would view a car they were interested in, if you lived too far away to view easily. The viewer would get reimbursed for any expenses. It would be a really good idea for Autosleepers as buyer often have to travel great distances.

mcubbin

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:46 pm

I have viewed a couple of vans for members at are local dealership in the past, I'm retired with plenty of time to spare.
I believe one or two members have offered to view vans in past.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcubbin on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Well Boaby I am still looking so I may get in touch if there is anything in your area.

mcubbin

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Up in Portsoy at the moment, we used to buy the courier on a Friday to get the motoring section, we purchased a couple of vans from the adverts, one in Comrie the other local in Dunfermline .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum