stick on solar awning light

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stick on solar awning light

Post by daisy mae on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:00 pm

I don`t not have an outside awning light on my van, and would like one, do not  want to go down the road of having one wired in, so in effect is there such a thing as an awning light that is solar powered and will stick on my van please.?

I have looked on line, and there are house lights that come on at dusk and go of at dawn, not really what I want, do not want to upset anyone on the next pitch.

Thank you for any help,
Regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stick on solar awning light

Post by HairyFool on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Look at the Solar Shed lights as they can include a PIR if required.

We had a pair although we did not travel with them fitted. Good quality Velcro tape meant it was a seconds work to fit them up on site
HairyFool

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Thank you HairyFool for reply, haven`t had the time to search for one will do so soon. Good idea.

Regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Thank you, on reading the info, don`t think other campers would appreciate it , as it has a wide range,

Many thanks anyway.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Hello Margaret

This one may suit you as it can be remote controlled switch or motion sensor for when you go out at night to welcome you back

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Controlled-Waterproof-Outdoor-Wall-Mounted-Lighting/dp/B06Y64SGGS/ref=pd_sim_201_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HEWD1ZFSYZE53QJ9V7N2

David

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Dorset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HairyFool on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:10 pm

daisy mae wrote:Thank you, on reading the info, don`t think other campers would appreciate it , as it has a wide range,

Many thanks anyway.
Take the claims of the manufacturer with a pinch as they appear a little optimistic. We have some similar units around the house, light level are good within a couple of metres but tail off fairly quickly as you move out.

If a concern the look at how you could fix one up away from the van facing towards it such as on the awning rail if you have one.

Last edited by HairyFool on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Computer error)
HairyFool

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:08 am

Heanorboy wrote:Hello Margaret

This one may suit you as it can be remote controlled switch or motion sensor for when you go out at night to welcome you back

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Controlled-Waterproof-Outdoor-Wall-Mounted-Lighting/dp/B06Y64SGGS/ref=pd_sim_201_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HEWD1ZFSYZE53QJ9V7N2

David
Thank you Dave,

That looks ok, now to find out how to fix one, don`t want to screw into the body, perhaps velcro will do it, if it will take the weight. can take off for travelling , 

thanx
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:38 am

Hi Margaret,

When I need to attach something to the outside of my camper, I use 3M Dual Lock. My external weather sensor is held on by it and hasn't moved in the 10 months its been there, I also use it to hold my portable hard drive up behind my TV and that is attached before a holiday by 2 x 1" strips and stays put regardless of how many times the tv is moved or how bumpy the roads are (its 2 2tb portable hard drive so has a little wight to it..)

3m dual lock is not cheap, but it does get the job done: http://amzn.eu/7cg3zd1

Marco
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum