Only after I bought it!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Only after I bought it!

Post by cruisecontrol on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Only after i bought an AS Broadway (2015 model) I've found that the Truma heater is under the wardrobe and mounted such that access to fuses etc is well nigh impossible without removing either the wardrobe floor and/or the front panel. 

Having had a life time (well it feels like it!) experience with Truma I fear for the future when I'll need access. If anyone has experience I'd be grateful for comment.
cruisecontrol

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Only after I bought it!

Post by gef on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 pm

I was told it stops people doing things they should not
Gef

gef

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:20 pm

We remove the drawer below the wardrobe in order to hoover round the boiler every now and again - which helps with the smell.  Easy to do and certainly not a problem. There are 6 plastic caps -3 each side of the panel below the drawer- and levering them off reveals screws which hold the panel in place for full access to the boiler etc

Our panel has been off for servicing and, because the wrong boiler was fitted, to replace it and it has clearly not done any damage to panel or caps or taken very long to do.  I am sure AS designed it to be easy.

( Edit: I think the fuses are in the wardrobe, in the glass panelled box at the back)
Quilter

Female

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cruisecontrol on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:37 am

Quilter wrote:We remove the drawer below the wardrobe in order to hoover round the boiler every now and again - which helps with the smell.  Easy to do and certainly not a problem. There are 6 plastic caps -3 each side of the panel below the drawer- and levering them off reveals screws which hold the panel in place for full access to the boiler etc

Our panel has been off for servicing and, because the wrong boiler was fitted, to replace it and it has clearly not done any damage to panel or caps or taken very long to do.  I am sure AS designed it to be easy.

( Edit: I think the fuses are in the wardrobe, in the glass panelled box at the back)
Thanks - that's really helpful

Gerry
cruisecontrol

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum