The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roof skylight, 2016 Nuevo

3 posters

Go down

Roof skylight, 2016 Nuevo Empty Roof skylight, 2016 Nuevo

Post by dbroada Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What is that?

It is the only photo I can get of my skylight not opening properly and the not closing. It would appear that the worm drive has disconnected itself and will no longer move the skylight. It can be lifted a little bit, maybe an inch and it just flops down again.

I am about to use some duck tape in case the promised storm arrives and will rely on air pressure to keep it shut on the journey.

Has anybody got any better sensible solutions?

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Roof skylight, 2016 Nuevo Empty Re: Roof skylight, 2016 Nuevo

Post by alanlakes Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Same thing happened on my 2015 Broadway. Dealer had obviously forgotten about Customer Service and never returned calls. Luckily going to Broadway the following month and booked van in Autosleepers for Habitation check and they fixed it under warranty. For the month it was faulty I duct taped it down on the inside - did the job ok. Autosleeper advised me to wipe pledge over all the rubbers twice a year and put gentle pressure on skylights when opening.
alanlakes
alanlakes
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:11 pm

alanlakes wrote:Autosleeper advised me to wipe pledge over all the rubbers twice a year and put gentle pressure on skylights when opening.
Our dealer (who is very good on customer service) advised the same, and I think it's quite important.

OK if you are tall, but a bit tricky for those with little legs! uncertain 

You can feel how hard the worm drive has to work to lift the skylight the first few inches. Fortunately I'm not vertically challenged, so I can easily reach up to give it a helping hand.

For those who can look the likes of Tyrion Lanester in the eye ( hugegrins ) I would suggest using a long wooden spoon out of the cutlery drawer. That shouldn't scratch the plastic, and would help raise it up for the critical first few inches.  smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:25 pm

I can just reach but Heather can't, beside we have the mossie net over atm to try and restrict the bites I am receiving.

Marquis have agreed to have a quick look on Monday after we are home and hope to do a full repair on the day of the hab check.

Tape it is then.

Last edited by dbroada on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Autocorrect got it wrong - again)

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down