Servimg.com

Go down

Servimg.com

Post by Corgster on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:38 am

I have received an e-ail notifying me that my account to serving.com has been set up. I haven't applied for one. Is this a hoax/spam please?
Corgster

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1996

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Servimg.com

Post by ymfb1 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 am

Me too ?
ymfb1

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:50 am

Some of us have started to use servimg instead of PB , and if you click on the add an image symbol above text box (looks like a TV screen with floppy disc in front) then an account is automatically created for you. If you haven't added a photo by this method then I would be wary of an email received in this way until we hear from Admin.

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:15 am

Hi wave

Paulmold wrote: if you click on the add an image symbol above text box (looks like a TV screen with floppy disc in front) then an account is automatically created for you. If you haven't added a photo by this method then I would be wary of an email received in this way until we hear from Admin.

I had the same thing a couple of years ago. It's a bit disconcerting especially as you don't get asked if you want to create an account but assuming it's genuine (which it almost certainly is) it's not a problem.

Try logging in to Servimg with the username and password you use for the forum. if it lets you in and any of your pictures are there all is well.

Brod
brodco

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile http://www.eurotherm.co.uk/en-gb/products/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgster on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Thank you both. Yes definitely a bit disconcerting. I will check it out in the way you suggest.
Corgster

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1996

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 am

It should be fine, servimg is integrated into the forum as the default photo hosting service.

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by repoort on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:50 pm

CC wrote:It should be fine, servimg is integrated into the forum as the default photo hosting service.

...for obvious reasons I'm looking to change from PB, been with them a lot of years so haven't taken much interest in other hosts...I've heard of Flickr and would probably investigate joining, but now Servimg has been mentioned on the forum, and so that might be suitable - but now I'm puzzled by it now being the default host here...does that mean it will show my pictures on the forum without me actually joining it ?
As you can see, I'm not into modern tech stuff (partly because I don't agree with a lot of it).
repoort
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : T5 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:40 am

Hi wave

repoort wrote:
CC wrote:It should be fine, servimg is integrated into the forum as the default photo hosting service.
...for obvious reasons I'm looking to change from PB, been with them a lot of years so haven't taken much interest in other hosts...I've heard of Flickr and would probably investigate joining, but now Servimg has been mentioned on the forum, and so that might be suitable - but now I'm puzzled by it now being the default host here...does that mean it will show my pictures on the forum without me actually joining it ?
As you can see, I'm not into modern tech stuff (partly because I don't agree with a lot of it).
I think you usually join by default in that when you first use the forum’s inbuilt image hosting it creates an account with Servimg using your forum user name and password (at least that’s how it worked for me). They then send you a confirmation and it’s the confirmation people are suspicious of because they didn’t know they had signed up. That said at least one member had to sign up independently.

Servimg seems aimed at forum image hosting and it has quite a severe size limit by modern standards but there is nothing to stop you using Flicker as well.

Brod
brodco

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile http://www.eurotherm.co.uk/en-gb/products/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:06 am

brodco wrote:They then send you a confirmation and it’s the confirmation people are suspicious of because they didn’t know they had signed up. That said at least one member had to sign up independently.

Brod
Two, unless my notification was intercepted as junk mail and I didn't notice.

It's not in the junk folder now, but I clear it out fairly regularly and would probably have missed any notification, or assumed it really was junk.

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by repoort on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:30 pm

...thanks, that's made it clearer. I'll do a dummy run with Servimg, and if I don't like it, will go to Flickr.
I couldn't cope with more than one host....
repoort
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : T5 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content