Big tire boxer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big tire boxer

Post by nerdycross on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:58 pm

I am upgrading the wheels on my 2005 Peugeot 2.8 talisman from 15 inch to 16 inch and would like to go to 235/65/16 has any one out there gone to this size ? My interest is in clearance in the front and not speed reading or gearing just if they will fit under the arch?.any help be very welcome.

nerdycross

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Big tire boxer

Post by chrisk on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:47 pm

http://www.tyresizecalculator.com

Had a quick look think this is what you need
chrisk
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Berkshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nerdycross on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks for the info Chrisk had look at the info on the site was very informative but was just hoping someone had experience with 235 /65/16

nerdycross

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shipbadger on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:02 pm

My last vehicle was a 3.5 ton Boxer self build.  This had the largest wheel/tyre combination from the factory.  On full lock the tyres rubbed on the plastic inner wheel arches until they eventually rubbed through.  Now I have to do full lock turns when I enter and leave the road I live in so probably rubbed more than most.  Apart from having holes in the plastic arch there was no other problem with the wheels. BUT the factory supplied jack could not lift the vehicle high enough to to change a wheel, even with the block of wood I always carry, when I first tried to change a puncture.  Something to check once you have your new wheels and tyres.

Tony Comber
shipbadger
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum