The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H reg Renault Traffic Autosleeper 70mph

3 posters

Go down

H reg Renault Traffic Autosleeper 70mph Empty H reg Renault Traffic Autosleeper 70mph

Post by rose49f Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:22 pm

A Renault Traffic Pop Top Autosleeper passed me today on the M5 south of Bristol (going north)and it must have been doing 70mph. It was an H reg so I was totally impressed. Was this you. Hats off to you. allthumbz
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

H reg Renault Traffic Autosleeper 70mph Empty Re: H reg Renault Traffic Autosleeper 70mph

Post by frederic Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:28 am

Had one of those, an RV50, our first A/S.
Bought from Cotswolds and it had 1400cc petrol engine!
Served us well for 7+years ferrying us and many of the 1st Malvern BB round.
Blew up the engine climbing Malvern Well bank with a full load of boys on board necessitating a new short engine from our local Renault garage 'Daniels' in the Wells.
Happy Days!
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

H reg Renault Traffic Autosleeper 70mph Empty Re: H reg Renault Traffic Autosleeper 70mph

Post by boxerman Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:48 am

Not surprised you blew the 1400 up! they are somewhat underpowered for the size of the van.
Ours had the 1647 and I had it to 80 on a couple of occasions. Usually cruised it at around 65 when it would be doing around 30 - 35 mpg.
The Boxer's fuel consumption was terrifying in comparison.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:29 pm

When we bought it from Frank at Cotswolds he insisted we took it for a test drive 'cos as he said it seemed under-powered!
Seemed fine to us so we bought it anyway.
On getting it home to Malvern I decided to have a hands on done by a garage in Powick who pronounced it fine apart from a reduction of pressure in two cylinders. ( Exhaust valves)
Frank said get it sorted and they were to bill him. Went like a train after that for the 6+years we kept it 'till as I said I over-strained it, much to my pockets cost!
Great lightweight 'van though and after the RV50 went we bought a Rapport from Frank, great versatile van except for the lack of fitted cassette toilet unlike its
 VW counterpart the Talent
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down