The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

replacement stripes/graphics

5 posters

Go down

replacement stripes/graphics Empty replacement stripes/graphics

Post by chrisd Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:53 am

hi all up!
i am new to the forum ..need a bit of help locating replacement stripes for me 2002 palermo as need to repaint bonnet and replace stripes .i have contacted auto sleeper they were very helpful but but they no longer stock the ones i need.any help would be greatly appreciated
chrisd
chrisd

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : pembrokeshire
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

replacement stripes/graphics Empty Re: replacement stripes/graphics

Post by Maasai Warrior Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:19 am

As you know you can do a search on this site for 'transfers, decals, graphics', there are several threads. I seem to remember recently someone on this forum or the 'motorhomefun' forum requiring some graphics to cover some scratches on their awning rail and top of their sliding door of their, I think, AS Warwick XL van conversion. He went to a recommended graphic sign company and the resulting personalised decal strips were brilliant, also surprisingly the price seemed very reasonable.
I am sure someone on this forum will remember this thread and give you more detail. A graphics company should be able to reproduce exactly the design specifically for your model. 
Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisd Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:45 am

thanks pete 
i will look for decals and graphics on here
chrisd
chrisd

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : pembrokeshire
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi Chris, I have found on this forum, that recent thread I mentioned regarding graphics. In the search box type "a crafty way to hide scratches" by IanH. Check it out and possibly contact him using the private message (pm) facility. He may be able to give you the contact number of the graphics company. Hope it's local to you! 

Good luck.

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:29 pm

try sigmadisplay in Haverfordwest, they should be able to copy what you need!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 pm

I've just had all the old faded graphics on my van replaced by a local company. The van was at their workshop for 3 days, cost was a reasonable £216. Excellent job. 
I know it's nowhere near your area, but it shows you the type of firm to look for.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by helixaviation Sun May 23, 2021 12:36 pm

Hello all,

I’m new to the forum and a new owner of a 2004 Pollensa with Green & Grey accents.  I’ve scoured this forum and the web but haven’t been able to find the answer that I’m looking for - it might not exist!

I would like to replace all the vinyl graphics as the originals are old, peeling and faded.  AS are impossible to get an answer from at the moment as they are extremely busy, but I suspect that given the vehicle’s age, they’ll be obsolete.  The general advice seems to be to go to a local vehicle graphics/sign-writing company and get them to measure up/scan the vehicle and reproduce something similar.

My questions is whether there is someone in ASOFland that has done this successfully with my age of van and who did the work for them?  The logic being that if someone’s already done it, the company concerned should still have the digital artwork and the process of reproducing them should be straightforward without the need to reproduce the artwork again.

Also, it would be a good idea for owners of other AS models that have locally had their graphics reproduced to post the source.  A database of companies with pre-existing digital artwork would benefit many owners of the older AS models.

Thanks,

John

PS. I’ve just realised that the post above about the Nuevo could well fit the bill as it looks to me like the 2004 Pollensa and 2004 Nuevo have the same graphics.

Last edited by helixaviation on Sun May 23, 2021 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New info.)
helixaviation
helixaviation

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down