The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emission zone stickers

+2
StewPotch
Mrs ploppy
6 posters

Go down

Emission zone stickers Empty Emission zone stickers

Post by Mrs ploppy Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi help needed we are going to Germany, Italy and France we have a sticker for France but not for Germany and Italy I have been on the net and various charges apply please can any body suggest a good web site
Many thanks
Mrs ploppy
Mrs ploppy

Female

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway eb
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Emission zone stickers Empty Re: Emission zone stickers

Post by StewPotch Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:17 pm

I received an email from a friend that mentioned driving in France, not just Paris, Lyon and Grenoble where the Crit'Air Scheme actually applies.
If you are staying out of these cities then you don't need a sticker for France - yet!

Quote from email:
Driving abroad poses a number of risks ....... For example, from January this year, British registered drivers travelling to France can receive an on-the-spot fine of more than £100 for not displaying a ‘clean air’ sticker on their windscreen. The Crit’Air scheme aims to tackle pollution, making it a legal requirement for all vehicles – cars, lorries, motorbikes and buses – to display its anti-pollution sticker to show how much their vehicle pollutes.

A lot of websites seem to be adding to the confusion.
StewPotch
StewPotch
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Fairford

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 pm

We are currently in France (with sticker), but seen only two other vehicles with a sticker, both french Motorhomes as it happens. I applied, not for Paris but for the potential roll out to other towns, cities and, I believe, valleys. One off payment and application seemed to make sense.

At the same time I applied for Germany, again a one off payment. I applied through this site,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

which I think was given to me by Gromit in a french sticker thread. €6 and sticker back within a week. No info on the Italian set up.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:43 pm

I believe you will find all of the relevant info you were seeking on the attached - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Its a topic that has been running on this forum for some time.
For your information the French emission charges only came into force for foreign vehicles in March of this year - the January date was only applicable to french registered vehicles!
The cost of the French certificate is €4.80 from the official french site.
The German disc costs about the same when obtained from the official government site - or you could wait and get one at the various approved sites when you cross the border into Germany. I think the safest way would be to obtain both of them via internet - application is not too difficult and they are delivered very quickly by post.
Don't be fooled by the dodgy sites that will charge you €30 or €40 for the same bit of paper!!!
Liam

PS. I don't think Italy have yet instituted a formal Emission Zone sticker requirement.

Last edited by Liam on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding of ps)
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs ploppy Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Many thanks for the info
Mrs ploppy
Mrs ploppy

Female

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway eb

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip Bull Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi Mrs Ploppy,
I got a German  Unwelt Plakette (Green environmental sticker) earlier this year when travelling through Germany. I went to a local TUV station in Bad Tolz, which is like one our MOT testing centres. I showed them my V50 certificate and confirmed that the weight of my Nuevo was under 3.5 tonnes. They issued me with a green windscreen sticker with my registration marked on for 6 euros. I also bought an Austrian Motorway 10 day Vignette from the same office, which saved me having to pull into the motorway service station approaching Austria.
The Umwelt zones in Germany are well signposted. Towns such as Freiburg and Pforzheim in the Black Forrest have through routes where you do not need the disc.
If anyone is passing through the picturesque town of Bad Tolz (south of Munich), the TUV station is located behind Mac Donalds on the route out of town to the south. There is also a convenient Stellplatz next to the river, near the town centre.
Hope you enjoy travelling through Europe.
Phil

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo /Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Philip Bull wrote:The Umwelt zones in Germany are well signposted. Towns such as Freiburg and Pforzheim in the Black Forrest have through routes where you do not need the disc.
Phil
Hi Phil

That's the bit which concerned me, and why I have both German and French stickers. They don't exactly cost an arm and a leg, and are well worth it for the peace of mind in knowing that if you deviate from a "through route" for any reason, you will not be clobbered. I'll probably never make use of them, but for a very few quid . . . .  smile!

Short of fuel, desperate for a coffee, road traffic accident . . . any one of these plus many other reasons could send you off into the zone, and I bet there are cameras loaded and ready to flash if you do. (One would hope for a dispensation if a traffic accident or similar forced you off, but what a hassle it might be when you got home and had to try haggling in another language - assuming you had sufficient evidence of the incident!!)
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down