Gatcombe purchase advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gatcombe purchase advice

Post by mcubbin on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi, still looking for a van and found this one 
ebay.co.uk/itm/Autosleeper-Gatcombe-/201951942576?hash=item2f054617b0:g:HAcAAOSwyltZPAa0

I have been in touch with the seller asking her about the service history her response was 'there a pile of receipts and a service book' but was not entirely sure what they were all for, the van is kept away from her home. One thing she did know was that the cam belt was last changed in 2012, the van has done 4000 miles since then. I do know that the belt and water pump should be changed every 60,000 mile or 4 years, so a belt change is overdue. I also suggested her price £21495 was similar to dealer prices, so there now seems to be room for negotiation. Is there a good buy to be had here or should I leave well alone.

mcubbin

Male

Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gatcombe purchase advice

Post by Onlysme on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:00 am

Price does look to be around what you would expect from a dealer, however condition and history/receipts does go a long way.

On a quick google search I did find a similar one at a dealer cheaper: https://www.spinney.co.uk/motorhomes/used/auto-sleeper/-/2036

I love my Gatcombe and think they are the perfect size. They do hold their value though based on their VW base vehicle which has a following of its own separate from its Autosleeper following. I especially like the feel of the 2.5TDI which is both economical and (at 102bhp) powerful enough. 

Good luck with your search.
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe VW 2.5 TDI
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcubbin on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:25 am

Thanks, yes I have seen that one and emailed them regarding the service history, no reply yet. About the ebay one, I would not pay that for a private sale, so was considering making a lower offer.

mcubbin

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlysme on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:44 am

I think price is subjective and both the seller and purchaser should be happy with the final amount. The one on eBay states that she's only owned it since March and in that short space of time has had the kitchen window replaced by Autosleeper (which would cost around £600 I think?). Obviously she would know what she paid for it plus anything she has spent since March, however since her purchase there is now another owner on the V5 (when she purchased it was a rare 1 owner) which will decrease price slightly. I assume you have asked and she has responded to your satisfaction as to why she is selling it on after only a few months?

Perhaps send her the link to the one I gave you above and ask for her thoughts on price. They are both similar age/mileage/condition...
Onlysme
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe VW 2.5 TDI
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcubbin on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:19 am

Hi thanks for that, I have pointed out the one at Spinney and others from dealers at around the same price, also mentioned that most of them will come with a warranty, Spinney's is 12 months, she has offered to come down a bit but not enough to compete with a dealers warranty. So I think I will move on.

mcubbin

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum